What's new

AC3100 Hardware Rev from nvram

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokindog

Can any determination be made about the hardware revision from NVRAM variables. I posted in another thread about my "fun and games" with the AC3100 refurb/open box being offered for $79.99 from newegg.

I have two in service and have been trying to get a third for backup. I've had to RMA 2 already for hardware and/or radio issues. Just received my "lucky number 3" and all seems well with it thus-far.

The two in service were picked up a couple months ago for $89.99 and are a Rev A5 and A2 per the tags on the back of the devices. The currently shipping product is $79.99 but the "refurb S/N" sticker has covered the Hardware Rev on all 3 I've received from this batch. I don't want to peel it back until the 90 day limited warranty expires.

Here's the data I thought may help (but maybe not). I tried a "nvram show | grep -i A5" in the MAIN router but found nothing that jumped out. I then tried "nvram show | grep -i rev" to build the table below. I see a difference in the "chiprev", "wl_corerev" and "wl0_corerev" but that's it and it doesn't directly correlate to A5 vs A2. Also interesting was that "cpurev" was not set in the MAIN and DINETTE routers but the variable did not exist in the one I just received (MSTR) MAIN is in Router Mode, DINETTE and MSTR are in AP mode.

Attachments

• AC3100.JPG
    AC3100.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 311
They have the 3200 for $99.95 today.

The refurb sticker covers my 1900p data too.

FWIW, the firmware that was on the router was more than 2 years old (circa Feb 2017 per SNB threads)

Attachments

• Third Refurb Router.JPG
    Third Refurb Router.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 340

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!