What's new

AC3100 or AX58U as Router for Aimesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not if you're using AiMesh. :)

What is there to redo?

To properly add an AiMesh node;
Full reset on the router you want to use as an AiMesh node. Don't touch it any further. On the main router, 'point' to the freshly reset unit and add it as an AiMesh node. Wait for it to reboot.

No option above to 'set' anything. :)

What is there to redo?

To properly add an AiMesh node;
Full reset on the router you want to use as an AiMesh node. Don't touch it any further. On the main router, 'point' to the freshly reset unit and add it as an AiMesh node. Wait for it to reboot.

No option above to 'set' anything. :)

Well the only redo I'm looking to do is to get the main router, the AX58U, to have an IP address of 192.168. 1.1.

I mean it's not really a big deal and the network is running great, but it just seems "neater" to to have the IP as the "traditional" 192.168.1.1.

Sorry, my mistake, reading too fast! :)

I thought you wanted to specify the IP of the AiMesh node.

I don't use any standard IP ranges for myself or any of my customers. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.50.1, or any other 'default' is not used on purpose.

I would probably 'disconnect' from the GUI the AiMesh node (the RT-AC3100) first and then pull the power cord from it.

Go to the main router and set the LAN IP you want. I would then power down the entire network (modem/ONT, router, switches, and client devices) for the least hiccups going forward for at least two full minutes.

Power up the modem/ONT, wait 5 minutes. Power up the router, wait 5 minutes. Power up the rest of the network infrastructure (switches, etc.), wait 5 minutes.

Now, power up all wired client devices (as fast as you can turn them on).

The network should be working normally now.

Do a WPS reset on the RT-AC3100 and then 'point' to it from the main router to add it as an AiMesh node.

You can use the 'traditional' IP, but better, use one that only you would know. :)

Sorry, my mistake, reading too fast! :)

I thought you wanted to specify the IP of the AiMesh node.

I don't use any standard IP ranges for myself or any of my customers. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.50.1, or any other 'default' is not used on purpose.

I would probably 'disconnect' from the GUI the AiMesh node (the RT-AC3100) first and then pull the power cord from it.

Go to the main router and set the LAN IP you want. I would then power down the entire network (modem/ONT, router, switches, and client devices) for the least hiccups going forward for at least two full minutes.

Power up the modem/ONT, wait 5 minutes. Power up the router, wait 5 minutes. Power up the rest of the network infrastructure (switches, etc.), wait 5 minutes.

Now, power up all wired client devices (as fast as you can turn them on).

The network should be working normally now.

Do a WPS reset on the RT-AC3100 and then 'point' to it from the main router to add it as an AiMesh node.

You can use the 'traditional' IP, but better, use one that only you would know. :)

Thanks. As it turns out the IP of the main router, the AX58U, is 192.168.50.1. from what I've been reading, and also what you said up above, that seems to be a "standard" IP as well.

If I'm feeling rambunctious on Saturday, I may try and change it. However if I can get my 63-year-old brain to remember the new one, I'll just keep it.

Thank you again for your advice. I really appreciate it.

When I use WiFi Analyzer on my new AI mesh, one of the 2.4 bands is on channel 6...which I explicitly chose. The other 2.4 sometimes shows on channel 1 and sometimes channel 6. I have the extension channel set to "above". Now why would they show on two different channels?

For the 5.0 I chose channel 153 but both 5.0 channels show on 155 on the analyzer. I don't even have the option to select 155.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!