What's new

AC5300 AC86U 3.0.0.4.384.45149 aimesh issue with reboot scheduler

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

virtueme

Regular Contributor
I have not been very happy with my aimesh setup since 3.0.0.4.384.21140.

My configuration has been the AC5300 as the main aimesh router with a wireless backhaul to my AC86U.

Most of my wireless clients have been connected to the AC86U. During the day the connection went bad and I had to reboot the AC86U to make my wife and my kids happy. When I ran my AC86U on 3.0.0.4.384.21140 I had no problem at all, and any newer updates would make me need to reboot the AC86U router sometimes between 2pm and 5 pm.

I have been running with Reboot Scheduler rebooting at 5am every day. After I disabled the reboot scheduler a couple of weeks ago, my aimesh system is happy and I run 3.0.0.4.384.45149 on both routers with no need to reboot any of them anymore.

I seems the handshake between the routers are more unstable after 3.0.0.4.384.21140 and requires the main node to always be active to make them talk to each other without problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!