What's new

AC5300 issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andreist

New Around Here
Hello!

I have an AC5300 which is currently running merlin 380.65_4 - upgrading on 66.0 and 68.0 (haven't tried other updates yet) causes the following issue: I have some devices connected to the 2.4G network, and some apps that try to detect those devices ,don't seem to detect them anymore. Some of those devices run webservers which I can call by ip and they do seem to work, I also have a printer connected which doesn't get autodetected by my computer anymore, not sure what else i can think of to describe here, let me know if you have any ideas, or if there's anything else i can provide for better assistance!

I see 68.2 was released today, i'll try to give it a go and update here if anything (good) changes

Hello!

I have an AC5300 which is currently running merlin 380.65_4 - upgrading on 66.0 and 68.0 (haven't tried other updates yet) causes the following issue: I have some devices connected to the 2.4G network, and some apps that try to detect those devices ,don't seem to detect them anymore. Some of those devices run webservers which I can call by ip and they do seem to work, I also have a printer connected which doesn't get autodetected by my computer anymore, not sure what else i can think of to describe here, let me know if you have any ideas, or if there's anything else i can provide for better assistance!

I see 68.2 was released today, i'll try to give it a go and update here if anything (good) changes
Try disabling AirTime fairness on the Professional tab of the 2.4Ghz band

thanks! at a first glance this seems to work! any explanation for why this has to be set to disabled on these newer firmwares?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!