What's new

AC86U Deauth (wlceventd)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunnerdee

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but have used it to resolve issues on my AC86U (384.19) in the past. The reason I am creating is a thread is I have been experiencing a deauth issue which is most notable on one specific device (Xbox Series X but the same on my previous Xbox One X).

Nov 23 16:38:57 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth6: Deauth_ind 1C:1A: DF:84:1C:E8, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

I have read a lot of posts regarding this issue but I don't seem to find anyone who resolves their issue, so apologies for bringing this up again. The connection on the Xbox disconnects when this deauth occurs and reconnects a few seconds later but it is enough to get kicked out of whatever game is on. By reading previous threads, I have done the following in an attempt to resolve the issue (Xbox currently on 5GHz band):

• Disabled Smart Connect
  • Disabled Multi-User MIMO
  • Disabled Airtime Fairness (Both 2.4 and 5GHz)
  • Disable all Beamforming (Both 2.4 and 5GHz)
The next step I was going to take was going to be a factory reset and roll back a few versions. Does anyone have an idea of what I could try next? I assume the sending station in the above error is the router itself? I am assuming this is more likely to be an issue with ASUS code rather than Merlin but it has never happened as frequently before.

Any information would be greatly appreciated and apologies for bringing this up again.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    167.2 KB · Views: 150
If you're up for some noob testing and not too concerned about someone trying to hack your wifi you can try entering these and report back. In a couple days of testing lately I've been spammed much less in the log, havent had time to test connectivity retention.

Code:
nvram set wl0.1_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl0.2_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl0.3_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl0_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl1.1_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl1.2_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl1.3_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl1_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram set wl_wpa_gtk_rekey=86400
nvram commit
service restart_wireless
The default value is 3600 (1hr), and try and stay on a fixed channel (preferably 36)

Under LAN-->DHCP Server you can also change the option 'Hide DHCP/RA Queries' to yes to hide the DHCP queries in the log also.
I also have Lease Time set to 86400 in LAN-->DHCP server