What's new

AC86U lose WAN every couple weeks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asdaewgdfgbd

New Around Here
Hi, my AC86U lose WAN connection every ~2 weeks (wifi, lan are ok). No errors or something in logs. I have to Off\On WAN in dasboard to recover connection. I tried different firmwares, mercury, with hard reset. Nothing helps. I use default settings with custom DNS

What is your isp connection ?

Start with the isp modem/router and check it’s connection logs both for your router’s wan connection to it’s lan port and for it’s connection to the isp.

What is your isp connection ?

Start with the isp modem/router and check it’s connection logs both for your router’s wan connection to it’s lan port and for it’s connection to the isp.
Provider says that there are noissues from their side, nothing in their logs too. My previous router worked fine. Also the router lose connection only when my PC working, never at night or in the morninng
May be it is a hardware issue

Last edited:
Start with replacing cable between your router lan port and your pc with a known good cat5e cable.

if that doesn’t change it, replace the cable between the isp device and your router.

does your router offer the option to use a lan port as the wan connection instead of the labeled wan port ?

Start with replacing cable between your router lan port and your pc with a known good cat5e cable.

if that doesn’t change it, replace the cable between the isp device and your router.

does your router offer the option to use a lan port as the wan connection instead of the labeled wan port ?

If its isp cable, it will be hard to replace it. I've tried to change wan port to lan for internet, will see, thanks

If its isp cable, it will be hard to replace it. I've tried to change wan port to lan for internet, will see, thanks
The ISP is responsible for that cable to their termination device ( modem/router) if they installed it. That is not what i wrote though.

lost internet connection again, isp cable was in lan port this time. So it is not a wan port issue. How to test isp cable?

nothing in the router logs ?

what is the connection between your router and the ISP - Is there a modem, modem/router, ONT ?
What is the exact version and model number of your router ?

What do you mean by "custom DNS " ?

Does the power wall wart feel warm or hot when you put your hand on it ?

nothing in the router logs ?

what is the connection between your router and the ISP - Is there a modem, modem/router, ONT ?
What is the exact version and model number of your router ?

What do you mean by "custom DNS " ?

Does the power wall wart feel warm or hot when you put your hand on it ?
nothing in logs
my router is directly conected to isp switch
I mean cloudflare dns
I'd not say it is warm, temp is rather neutral
its ac86u frimware 3.0.0.4.386_48260-gd4c241c , how to find exact version I dont know

Last edited:
should be a tag on the router or on the box for the hardware rev, version.

directly connected to isp switch ?
Is this an apartment or university room or something like that with ethernet distributed throughout the building ?

Is there a connection type/protocol type shown in the router WAN page ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!