What's new

AC86U - Merlin 386.1 USB port disabled by hub - re-enabling not accepting address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

El Indalo

Occasional Visitor
I use both USB ports, in 2.0 I have an Android phone in use as my WAN. In 3.0 I have a USB stick with Entware and Wireguard. I run Wireguard over USB Android phone WAN.

I have ironed out a few instabilities over time, and now have a fairly stable set up where my whole network goes out over Wireguard using the USB phone (not using dual WAN).

I think I have eliminated problems with the USB stick, having changed it a couple of times, and finally ended up with a new one formatted as ext3, various sticks appearing to be unstable with ext4. However a problem still persists, and I wonder if anyone can help me interpret a couple of logs.

From time to time, I get the following two entries together in the log:-

Feb 21 21:10:08 kernel: usb usb3-port1: disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...
Feb 21 21:10:09 kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71

This sometimes (not always) drops my Wireguard connection. If it drops, a script called (nat-start) may or may not run some time later, and attempts to restart Wireguard. Often, (but not always), Wireguard restarts and I am none the wiser until I look at the logs.

Could anyone please tell me what the above logs mean, and advise what causes (nat-start) to run, to see if I can get some control over this.

Thanks in advance.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!