What's new

Access to modem behind Router N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sharbe

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I am still having problems to get access to my speedtouch modem behind the RT-N66U.
I tried to step through the guide by RMerlin in this thread but on the IP I expect to get the modem webinterface i just get the webinterface of the ASUS Router.

I am sorry to duplicate the posting also in this Forum, but I got no answers in the other thread :(
Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot, Sharbe

Hi,
I am still having problems to get access to my speedtouch modem behind the RT-N66U.
I tried to step through the guide by RMerlin in this thread but on the IP I expect to get the modem webinterface i just get the webinterface of the ASUS Router.

I am sorry to duplicate the posting also in this Forum, but I got no answers in the other thread :(
Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks a lot, Sharbe

I used nat-start and wan-start to configure access to my modem:

nat-start

Code:
# Access to the TP-LINK TD-8816 ADSL modem (whilst in bridge mode) can be extremely useful to check statistics/line noise/errors etc.
# NOTE: wan-start script is also required!!!

# TP-LINK TD-8816 default I/P address is 192.168.1.1 so we must have defined interface 192.168.1.2 ...see wan-start
logger -t "($(basename $0))" $$ Adding NAT route for Martineau TP-LINK TD-8816 ADSL modem : 192.168.1.1 `nvram get wan0_ifname` 

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan0_ifname` -j MASQUERADE

wan-start

Code:
   # Access to the TP-LINK TD-8816 ADSL modem (whilst in bridge mode)can be extremely useful to check statistics/line noise/errors etc.
   # NOTE: nat-start script is also required!!!

# TP-LINK TD-8816 default I/P address is 192.168.1.1 so we need to define 192.168.1.2

# So now we have (a minimum of) two subnets; Martineau LAN (10.88.8.*) and DSL Modem (192.168.1.*) 
   # If it doesn't work, then sometimes  a modem will only serve its web interface to devices on the same subnet.
   # You could try to change the modem's subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 (or 255.255.0.0), maybe that helps. 

logger -t "($(basename $0))" $$ Adding ifconfig for Martineau TP-LINK TD-8816 ADSL modem : 192.168.1.1
   ifconfig `nvram get wan0_ifname`:0 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

Regards,

Last edited:
or just change the ip address of the router. I changed mine to 192.168.1.4 so 192.168.1.1 takes me to my SB6141 cable modem.

sam

Thanks for your help.
The hint in Martineaus script helped:
# If it doesn't work, then sometimes a modem will only serve its web interface to devices on the same subnet.
# You could try to change the modem's subnet mask to 255.255.254.0 (or 255.255.0.0), maybe that helps.

Now I am able to connect directly to the modems webinterface @ 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!