What's new

Solved Access USB storage on AC66U_B1 repeater?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davidqvist

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I'm struggling a bit with setting up my routers the way I'd like them to be. I have, in my living room, an AC86U as my main router. I have set up an AC66U as a repeater upstairs (same SSID). It works fine. However, I would like to attach an HDD to the upstairs router and to have access to this drive on my network. I prefer to have it be upstairs, since I find the humming sound of the HDD to be just a bit annoying.

I'm just not sure that I have set it up the right way, since I can't see the drive on my network. Only way I can get to it is to type in its IP address in file explorer on Windows.
I also tried an AiMesh setup but I couldn't get that to work either...

I have searched the forum for similar threads but I might not know exactly what to search for, so if you can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Thank you. Sorry, it's the T-AC66U_B1, firmware version is 3.0.0.4.386_43129. I just enabled SMBv1 and restarted my PC. Seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much!