What's new

Actiontec Moca 2.0 issue Please help me

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's up to you, but I'd certainly be curious as to your results were you to set "RF Band" to "Band D-High" for both of your adapters ... the option highlighted via the arrow in your image (annotated):

p.s. But your screenshot leaves me with new questions, for another thread, as to whether these ECB6200 MoCA 2.0 adapters are capable of working in other MoCA bands beside Band D. As my above post highlights, my understanding was that they were Band D-only.
Ok I will give it a try here in a bit. The wife gets upset when the internet doesn't work lmao

The adapters are capable of running more than just D Band. Here a reference to the MoCA 1.1 spec:
I’m aware of the spec; I just hadn’t seen any recent retail MoCA adapters (aside from the Actiontec ECB3500T) capable of more than Band D operation. And I hadn’t seen this as an advertised feature.

up above the MoCA frequency range of the modem, just to see if that allows the modem to operate correctly. Even if the modem MoCA capability is disabled by the ISP, it would appear that the disabling itself does not cause the modem to totally ignore any MoCA network operating on the same cable system.
The OP’s modem has no MoCA functionality (it’s just a modem, not a gateway), nor is a built-in immunity filter possible (being DOCSIS 3.1). The suspected issue is that the DOCSIS 3.1 modem is flaking-out trying to process/interpret the MoCA signals (1125+ MHz, typically) as DOCSIS 3.1 signals. Hopefully, bumping-up the MoCA frequency will make the modem happy.

edit: p.s. https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Connectivity/Hitron-Modem/td-p/160482

Last edited:
By the way my modem is the one capable of their Gigabit internet plan. They have nothing higher up. It's their only docsis 3.1 modem(so I was told).
I did exactly that just a minute ago. Got my 480mbps back instantly
Thought experiment while waiting for the safe test window...

Your modem may not require DOCSIS channel frequencies above 1002 MHz to achieve your current spec’d Internet rates (sub-500 Mbps), allowing you to solve the MoCA instability problem with your modem by either installing a MoCA filter on its input, or by shifting the MoCA network’s operating frequency above the modem’s top frequency (1218 MHz).

However, what if you upgraded to their Gigabit service, and it did require the full range up to 1218 MHz?

Your modem may not require DOCSIS channel frequencies above 1002 MHz to achieve your current spec’d Internet rates (sub-500 Mbps), allowing you to solve the MoCA instability problem with your modem by either installing a MoCA filter on its input, or by shifting the MoCA network’s operating frequency above the modem’s top frequency (1218 MHz).

However, what if you upgraded to their Gigabit service, and it did require the full range up to 1218 MHz?

I wanted the gigabit speed but they want an arm and a leg for it. I cant see myself upgrading any time soon. They also told me they are working on a 10 gigabit speed that has a 1 gigabit upload. It probably wont be implemented for another 5 or 10 years I would think

I changed both adapters to Band D Hi. I then check to see what happens to the channel and they both automatically went to 1400.

I did an internet speed test, and I'm getting 470mbps. Now I need to test the adapters to see if i can still get the full gigabit speed i was getting

Last edited:

It worked. You are a genius. Thank you so much!! Should I still put the other moca filter on the modem? Or am i good to go?

Last edited:
I wanted the gigabit speed but they want an arm and a leg for it. I cant see myself upgrading any time soon. They also told me they are working on a 10 gigabit speed that has a 1 gigabit upload. It probably wont be implemented for another 5 or 10 years I would think
It was a hypothetical, to consider the technical ramifications.

It worked. You are a genius. Thank you so much!! Should I still put the other moca filter on the modem? Or am i good to go?

Installing the MoCA filter on the modem will allow you to return both adapters to the Extended D-Band configuration. That will allow the adapters to run at their highest possible data rate. Of course, its possible that you might not be able to take advantage of that depending on whats connected to the adapters.

Installing the MoCA filter on the modem will allow you to return both adapters to the Extended D-Band configuration. That will allow the adapters to run at their highest possible data rate. Of course, its possible that you might not be able to take advantage of that depending on whats connected to the adapters.
Well I was getting 107-110MBps. I think that's about all they are capable of. But I will still wait for the filter on Saturday and try it out on the other band.

they both automatically went to 1400.
That’s the center frequency of the lower “primary” channel (100 MHz wide), so the MoCA network, if bonded, should be operating from 1350-1575 MHz ... 2 100 MHz channels with a 25 MHz gap between them ... just what the specs cite for the lowest D-High channel:

8B04C4FC-AF8B-4442-9BAE-5A42061B3C0B.jpeg

Should I still put the other moca filter on the modem?
Looks like the protective MoCA filter for the modem is optional for your current setup, with the MoCA adapters able to connect at D-High, but would/should NOT be installed in the “hypothetical” posed above (along with another issue that would need to be addressed, but who cares about hypotheticals if you have it working?).

Last edited:
If he checks the stats on either adapter, they’re very likely operating at their max/targeted PHY rate ... somewhere near 700 Mbps (x2 channels) ... but shifting back to the full Extended D Band, allowed by use of the protective MoCa filter on the modem, would allow the adapters to operate at a lower power level (i.e. function more efficiently).

Last edited:
Well I was getting 107-110MBps. I think that's about all they are capable of.
Not even close. If they’re the only MoCA nodes on your coax, allowing TURBO mode, they’re theoretically capable of up to 1000 Mbps; otherwise, a non-TURBO bonded MoCA 2.0 link could net up to 800 Mbps throughput.

What were the specifics of the test? How was it conducted? Was it conducted using all wired devices or was wireless involved?

But I will still wait for the filter on Saturday and try it out on the other band.
Good plan.

Last edited:
By the way, thanks for doing the D-High test, and for providing results feedback, rather than simply disappearing. As you’ve seen if you reviewed the related threads, it’s not a given. I appreciate it.

Not even close. If they’re the only MoCA nodes on your coax, allowing TURBO mode, they’re theoretically capable of up to 1000 Mbps; otherwise, a non-TURBO bonded MoCA 2.0 link could net up to 800 Mbps throughput.

What were the specifics of the test? How was it conducted? Was it conducted using all wired devices or was wireless involved?

Good plan.
Its 110 MBps not mbps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!