What's new

Actiontec Moca 2.0 issue Please help me

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

View attachment 18523
p.s. But your screenshot leaves me with new questions, for another thread, as to whether these ECB6200 MoCA 2.0 adapters are capable of working in other MoCA bands beside Band D. As my above post highlights, my understanding was that they were Band D-only.
The adapters are capable of running more than just D Band. Here a reference to the MoCA 1.1 spec:

http://www.mocalliance.org/MoCA1/specification/MoCA_Specification_for_Device_RF_Characteristics.pdf

Section 2.1 MoCA Frequency Plan Page 7/18 lays out the channels and their center frequencies.
FWIW, Actiontec’s reply Re: the additional MoCA bands listed in the “RF Band” selection drop-down in the ECB6200 config UI:

The ECB MoCA adapters only support the D band. They are NOT compatible with Satellite Service such as Dish or Directv.

Yes, the band options appearing in the GUI other than D was a programming error as the units do not support the listed bands.

FWIW, Actiontec’s reply Re: the additional MoCA bands listed in the “RF Band” selection drop-down in the ECB6200 config UI:

The ECB MoCA adapters only support the D band. They are NOT compatible with Satellite Service such as Dish or Directv.

Yes, the band options appearing in the GUI other than D was a programming error as the units do not support the listed bands.
Oh yea. I remember seeing that error on some other site maybe. How do they not fix this with all the firmware updates? It's a mystery

Copying a 30GB file to my Nas. Sits around 70 Megabytes per second. I got 110 megabytes per second a few times, but now it wont hit it.
And you’re sure the test isn’t affected by drive read/write speeds? iPerf or LAN Speed Test offer the ability to test the network throughput only.

And you’re sure the test isn’t affected by drive read/write speeds? iPerf or LAN Speed Test offer the ability to test the network throughput only.
I did it from my 1TB WD HDD all the tests. I even tried it from my SSD that has read/write speeds at 500 Megabytes per second. Both drives are on Sata3 6gbps.

So I did another test. This time I am transferring a large movie file but at the same time I am watching a 4k HDR movie rip from the plex server at the same time via direct play. The movie says it had a data rate of 55mbps. Interestingly the movie transfer speed stayed at 70-75 Megabytes per second(600mbps).

If you run iperf in single thread, you will get the same result. Run it multi thread and it reports the full bandwidth, high 900’s if i recall.
There are threads here that have the two iperf cmd line options to set.

If you run iperf in single thread, you will get the same result. Run it multi thread and it reports the full bandwidth, high 900’s if i recall.
There are threads here that have the two iperf cmd line options to set.

Ok so in order to use the entire 970mbps or whatever I would have to push data both ways at the same time? It's not possible for it to get that speed A to B?

no, you just need multiple communication threads going.
Anyway SMB transfers and the like are not usually a good way to test link bandwidth. They are a measure of an application layer layer transfer.