What's new

Additional Device Icons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fridge and washing machine
wash_icon.png ref_icon.png

Just found this thread and wanted to say thanks to everyone here who contributed. This is a great thread full of awesome icons!

lol always get a laugh out of a "Smart" Washing Machine.

It actually has some utility. For example, you forget a load of clothes in there and leave the house. They'll smell like mildew by the time you get home so just start another rinse cycle from your phone. ;)

Got a Broadlink RM Mini device a few weeks ago to control a few IR devices using Homebridge and Siri. So have created an Icon for Broadlink devices, did spot one on the first page, but seems to be an icon within an icon. This I think looks a bit cleaner.
broadlink.png

Last edited:
Here's a transparent color of the Roku Ultra. Personally, I'd prefer one similar to the AppleTV with Roku in purple vs the Apple logo, but I lack the time & expertise.

Roku_transp_sm.png

8 KB, 120 x 120

Sky

1. How come the router is displaying some icons that are not available for manual selection? For example I have a Synology NAS, the router is displaying a Synology icon but I'm not seeing how I can select this icon for other devices.

So first and foremost, thank you to everyone for posting your custom icons -- a lot of great stuff to choose from.

However, I would like to revisit the original question and ask why a specialized icon for a device shows up seemingly at random? I have multiple ASUS RT-AC68U routers and it is a crapshoot every time I factory reset whether these icons will show up for devices or not. Perhaps @RMerlin can weigh in on why this is and/or if there is a way to make it more consistent in future updates?

And although I like the custom icons, the issue I have is that when you use them they don't have the highlight effect when the mouse hovers over them. Call me nitpicky or a purist, but I'd like all of my icons to behave similarly.

Last edited:
The default icon is based on device identification done by the closed source networkmap.

Here are a few more.
Thanks to davoodoo for the led strip icon. I just adjusted the colors a bit to match the rest of mine.
Thanks to scope666 for the Roku icon. Again, I just adjusted his colors to match mine.

I'm also attaching a link to the Photoshop psd file I used to make these.

Max files to upload here is 5 and there are 17 icons, so I'm adding 5 sample icons and links to two zip files.

PNG Icons Zip file from Mega:
https://mega.nz/file/3o8DVQjQ#UNJXOp38j3N3HVSVBxT8Xmc2DU8I5D7yIQz21R2zTtE

PSD Icons Zip file from Mega:
https://mega.nz/file/GltTnA6Z#I4EKW6OfkGK1H1XMZ0cHn2QtsKNcaFUPBnHDnLBgWpQ

Aquarium.png
Garage.png
network switch.png
smart_bulb.png
smart_vacuum.png

Here is the icon file list:
  • amazon.png
  • amazon_echo.png
  • amazon_echo_dot.png
  • Amazon_Fire_TV.png
  • Aquarium.png
  • computer_tower.png
  • Garage.png
  • LED_Strip.png
  • network switch.png
  • question_mark.png
  • Roku.png
  • smart_bulb.png
  • smart_lamp.png
  • smart_plug.png
  • smart_powerstrip.png
  • smart_Thermostat.png
  • smart_vacuum.png

Any chance someone could improve my stock-looking icons for a solar inverter, voip handset and smart plug?

I made some in MS Paint.... they aren't the greatest lol

Attachments

• Inverter.png
    Inverter.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 448
  • VoIP.png
    VoIP.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 363
  • smart_plug.png
    smart_plug.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 394
hi, i have one problem when i add icons, if upload icons, lose in to the section opne nat the icons of games in my ax82u, anyone have this problem too?.

Could I request some icons for VM Incrediblepbx & Vitalpbx? Thanx in advance for any icons created on my behalf. It can also be a generic pbx if not able to get specific branded ones.
Here are the PBX icons I just made.

Attachments

• PBX.png
    PBX.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 168
  • vitalpbx.png
    vitalpbx.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited: