What's new

Additional Device Icons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For compute devices, I followed the stock firmware (and most other network analyzers, FWIW) and identified them by OS, not by OEM. I have attached those. If you want specific OEM's, do you want laptops, desktops? Just let me know and I can make them. :)

Attachments

• windowslaptop.png
    windowslaptop.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 609
  • windowspc.png
    windowspc.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 503
@htismaqe, you're on a roll! :)

Could you make ones for a Surface Pro 7, ThinkPad (laptop), ThinkCentre (desktop) and Asus (PC and laptop) devices?

Thank you for your skills here! :):):)

@htismaqe, you're on a roll! :)

Could you make ones for a Surface Pro 7, ThinkPad (laptop), ThinkCentre (desktop) and Asus (PC and laptop) devices?

Thank you for your skills here! :):):)

So let's give credit where credit is due. I'm just copying and pasting clip art from various corners of the internet here. My "skills" are the ability to use Google advanced search features and GIMP. Once you figure out how to build graphics in layers with a program like GIMP, this becomes pretty freaking easy. :)

I have a Surface Pro 4 - here is the icon I use. I will work on the others. One question: I assume ThinkPad and ThinkCentre are Lenovo (the old IBM consumer)? I have 2 IdeaPads but for those, I use the laptop icon I pasted earlier.

Attachments

• windowssurface.png
    windowssurface.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 345
Yes, the ThinkPad and the ThinkCentre are Lenovo.

Could the Surface Pro icon be based on the one attached?

Microsoft_Surface_Pro-02-512.png

Thanks again. :)

Just FYI, that's a copy-protected PNG. They introduce a hatched background in place of the alpha channel that's really difficult to manually remove. Let me see if I can find something comparable that is actually transparent.

Before I post my edited icon, I am posting the source because it's licensed for use as long as I give credit to the original author. I am a member of some graphics sites and this one has been pulled from The Noun Project, credit to original author "no pixel".

Attachments

• noun_Tablet_615761.png
    noun_Tablet_615761.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 415
@htismaqe, I don't think the Surface icon is at the proper size?

I can resize it to anything I want. I've been using 120x120 pixels as that appears to be the best for the router interface.

So obviously, this one departs from my original icon style but it looks pretty sharp IMHO. What do you think?

Attachments

• surface7.png
    surface7.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 444
If I'm not mistaken, the icon in post 129 is 700x700. :)

That looks amazing! Thank you. :)

If I'm not mistaken, the icon in post 129 is 700x700. :)

Yeah, that's the source icon. I posted it to credit the author and then resized it to what I need to create a 120x120 icon. By the way, really any size will work as long as it's square. I have noticed that bigger icons can slow down rendering in the UI though. For my photo-realistic set, I use 400x400. I'm not editing them, I'm just downloading pictures off the internet to match the router picture in the mobile app.

Attachments

• iphone11.png
    iphone11.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 673
  • note9.png
    note9.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 489
I will work on Dell, Asus, and Lenovo laptops and desktops as time permits the next couple of days.

The Google devices were simple. Here they are. I know they don't have logos on them but logos are part of my motif, so I included them.

Attachments

• googlehome.png
    googlehome.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 479
  • googlehomemini.png
    googlehomemini.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 603
Dell.

Attachments

• delldesktop.png
    delldesktop.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 415