What's new

[ADDONS]Support Page[ADDONS]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've got an RT-AC86U on FW 384.15. I ran a factory default on it after the FW upgrade. It's configured as an AP from the ground up. I have tried the suggested steps to make "Addons" appear, but no dice. Any suggestions?

I've got an RT-AC86U on FW 384.15. I ran a factory default on it after the FW upgrade. It's configured as an AP from the ground up. I have tried the suggested steps to make "Addons" appear, but no dice. Any suggestions?

I would think that in AP mode you won't see "Addons" as that is used in router mode.

I would think that in AP mode you won't see "Addons" as that is used in router mode.

That's strange. I followed the discussions on the alfa and beta builds, but I can't recall that the feature was router only?

@miroco what scripts do you have running on that AP?

A simple/wired AP or in AiMesh mode?

@miroco My Router shows all tabs, yet in AP Mode the "addons" tab (and others) do not. I am only running the scripts on my Main.

@miroco what scripts do you have running on that AP?

I haven't gotten that far in the thought process, partly because the FW is just days old. The second reason is that the scripts now are part of the FW lowering the threshold to actually take advantage of them, which I think is great. Not to forget future "Addons".

It's a simple wired setup.

@miroco, no, the scripts themselves are not part of the firmware.

amtm is (and is the recommended/official way now to install Entware). :)

In an attempt to clarify the AP question here; you won't see/run scripts nor see addon tab on the AP. Access Points are sub-element in a network and you should have a router running in router mode. The router and everything connected to it (including the AP) will benefit from the scripts running on the router UNLESS you specifically stop that from happening from within the router settings (like bypassing VPN for specific devices, etc).

This is true for a traditional AP and an AIMesh node.

As a heads up, I will be shortly pushing updates to all jy scripts - you must update all of them (ignore any error messages during updates after the first script). You can then either reboot, or run
Code:
rm -rf /www/user/shared-jy && rm -rf /jffs/addons/shared-jy
then open any jy script you have installed and run 1 further update.

This will hopefully be the last time any of this messing around is needed - I'm switching to a single archive for all shared-jy resources to ease the pain of any new files that are needed in the future.

Last edited:
I had a feeling this was coming. Thank you @Jack Yaz! :)

As a heads up, I will be shortly pushing updates to all jy scripts - you must update all of them (ignore any error messages during updates after the first script). You can then either reboot, or run
Code:
then open any jy script you have installed and run 1 further update.

This will hopefully be the last time any of this messing around is needed - I'm switching to a single archive for all shared-jy resources to ease the pain of any new files that are needed in the future.
The update is now live.

With this update, if you are running my other scripts (connmon, ntpmerlin, spdmerlin, uiDivStats, modmon), you MUST update these as well. Ignore any error messages during updates after the first script (it will mention too many levels of symbolic links), and let the update complete.

Once you have updated all of the scripts, run
Code:
then open any of the scripts mentioned above and run 1 further update.

This will hopefully be the last time any of this messing around is needed - I'm switching to a single archive for all shared-jy resources to ease the pain of any new files that are needed in the future. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience!

Hi, I noticed that your Addons tab naming is different from what I am getting. Yours shows Diversion Stats, Uptime Monitoring, NTP Daemon. Whereas mine shows uiDivStats, connmon, ntpMerlin.

When I was running John fork on N66U, I am able to make the change by edit user*.title under /tmp/var/wwwext to match your naming convention. However, in AC86U, edit the same file has no effect on the addon tab naming. How do I do that?
2021-01-18 01_14_30-scMerlin.png

Hi, I noticed that your Addons tab naming is different from what I am getting. Yours shows Diversion Stats, Uptime Monitoring, NTP Daemon. Whereas mine shows uiDivStats, connmon, ntpMerlin.

When I was running John fork on N66U, I am able to make the change by edit user*.title under /tmp/var/wwwext to match your naming convention. However, in AC86U, edit the same file has no effect on the addon tab naming. How do I do that?View attachment 29622
The tabs have gone through name changes per individual script developers design and are in no way customizable.

When I was running John fork on N66U, I am able to make the change by edit user*.title under /tmp/var/wwwext to match your naming convention. However, in AC86U, edit the same file has no effect on the addon tab naming. How do I do that?
John’s fork handles add-on tabs differently than Merlin, since the older ASUS WebUI in the fork wasn’t as easy to manipulate tabs.