What's new

Advice: GT-AX11000, GT-AXE11000 or GT-AX11000 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doberman

New Around Here
Hello. I’m upgrading my network and I need some advice. I’m more concerned with my current device connectivity needs than future proofing.

I’m looking at the GT-AX11000, GT-AXE11000 or GT-AX11000 Pro (when it becomes available); the GT-AX16000 is out of my budget. I will likely need to continue using AiMesh for coverage (1900 sq. ft. block) and need a switch for the wired devices – looking at the Netgear GS308.

Would using my existing RT-AC88U and/or Blue Caves as nodes be detrimental to the new router's capabilities? The RT-AC88U would be wired backhaul and hopefully the only node needed in the new configuration.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

My current setup:
WAN:
Comcast Internet 800 Mbps
Arris Surfboard SB8200 3.1.

LAN:
RT-AC88U (46 Clients) – using 1-USB-3: WD Passport 4TB, 1-USB-2: Flash Drive for Traffic History,
Blue Cave 1 (8 Clients) – back of the house - wired backhaul.
Blue Cave 2 (2 Clients) – outside shed - wireless backhaul.

Wired Clients: Apple TV 4K (3), Laptops (1), Samsung TV 4K (3)

Wireless Clients:
Wyze Cameras (16), WeMo Light Switches (18), Apple TV 4K (1), Samsung TV 4K (1), Appliances (4), Apple iPhone 12+ (4), Laptops (1), Printer (1), Miscellaneous Devices (3).

Data Usage:
Avg Monthly Data: 3,310 GB. Streaming (70%), Gaming (5%), Laptop (15%), Wyze (5%), Other (5%).

Proposed upgrade:
WAN:
Comcast Internet 1200 Mbps, Arris Surfboard SB8200 3.1.

LAN:
Router and AiMesh upgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!