What's new

Upgrade Poll GT-AXE11000 to GT-AXE16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GT-AXE11000 or GT-AXE16000

• GT-AXE11000

• GT-AXE16000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Perhaps, but I figured I could use the 6ghz band for mesh backhaul with my existing AXE11000 if I wanted to. I’m not concerned about the added cost.
You should have the mesh node in range with the main router and other nodes. 6Ghz has short on range and I always get disconnected when I move around. And I get almost similar speed on 5Ghz on DFS channels. The only advantage in using 6Ghz is that there will be no congestion if you have lots of other networks around. Also my connection freezes sometimes and I had to reconnect to the 6Ghz network, so annoying to deal with!

5.1Ghz band1 band2. WiFi 6e on 6ghz is next to useless - they can call it whatever they want. Does not hide the crappiness of the 6Ghz.
exactly that is the reason I got rid of my AXE-1100 6 ghz radio was is useless even with 6e clients , range is 10feet ? I needed 3 raios with all the computers phones , tablets and Nas In the house bought an AX-1100Pro to replace it , that way I have 3 radios that actually work . An expensive mistake on my part did not do enough research just saw 3 radios and bought thinking the 6GHZ band would work . Live and learn

Live and learn

Or learn to trust one tech on SNB Forums steering away users from ideas to buy unpopular today and useless tomorrow 6E routers. :cool:

I trust that it is unpopular today.
But useless (today OR tomorrow)?
No.
I live in an apartment building where 5GHz is extremely crowded.
A 6E router was the only way I could get Gbit speeds. Was I supposed to wait another 2 years for that, until 802.11be hits the mainstream?
Hell no.
So how is a 6E router useless then?

So how is a 6E router useless then?
It's not. The addition of the 6 GHz band itself is useful, and will remain useful for the future, because it will allow any future Wifi 7 client to still connect to the 6 GHz band at WIfi 6e speeds. You will still get the benefit of having higher performance than on the 5 GHz band, just not all of the improvements brought forward by Wifi 7. What is most important is to consider the price difference there.

I live in an apartment building where 5GHz is extremely crowded.

I have an apartment downtown Toronto with about 10x visible 5GHz networks, most under -80dBm though and the throughput is constant >350Mbps up to 550Mbps (AC-class router). How crowded yours can be when 5GHz networks are relatively short range?

It's not.

It is. Why pay more now for alpha version of what Wi-Fi 7 will be and rely on back compatibility of future clients?

I have an apartment downtown Toronto with about 10x visible 5GHz networks, most under -80dBm though and the throughput is constant >350Mbps up to 550Mbps (AC-class router). How crowded yours can be when 5GHz networks are relatively short range?
'Bout the same, with a few under -70dBm. Also here in EU I feel that DFS sucks even more. To say nothing of less channels to begin with. Around 400 Mbps is what I got, too. Completely unacceptable, hence the need for 6GHz.
It is. Why pay more now for alpha version of what Wi-Fi 7 will be and rely on back compatibility of future clients?
Because of that "will be". And that "will be" will be in at least 2 years from now, if we are to pay the same amount.

How many of your clients are 6E capable now and what type?

This doesn't mean your environment is crowded. You just have special requirements. Go for it if Wi-Fi is your only solution.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!