What's new

After reboot, Asus GUI lost addons and nvpnmgr

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chuckles67

Regular Contributor
Merlin 384.18
Asus RT-AC66U B1
I rebooted my router several times today whilst experimenting with Dual WAN (long story - not important here).
Now in the router GUI, I can not see
- add-ons menu (with spdMerlin and conmon tabs)
- nvpnmgr tab in VPN
- uiDivStats tab in LAN.
However I can still see flexqos tab in AdaptiveQoS.
On the command line with amtm, all apps mentioned above are working fine. Any known work-around to restore the missing GUI tabs?

Merlin 384.18
Asus RT-AC66U B1
I rebooted my router several times today whilst experimenting with Dual WAN (long story - not important here).
Now in the router GUI, I can not see
- add-ons menu (with spdMerlin and conmon tabs)
- nvpnmgr tab in VPN
- uiDivStats tab in LAN.
However I can still see flexqos tab in AdaptiveQoS.
On the command line with amtm, all apps mentioned above are working fine. Any known work-around to restore the missing GUI tabs?
Can you check syslog for any messages from those scripts as to why they didn't start? Also check for updates in nvpnmgr, i pushed a small fix yesterday

All script tabs are restored after a reboot this morning.

=> all looks good now.

Thanks Jack - nvpnmgr version is at 1.0.0, I ran a check in the gui tab, also command line update nvpnmgr > "u" check.

The first time stamp I see in the router-gui syslog was after the reboots yesterday that (I think) triggered this issue. All nvpnmgr entries look normal, as do spdMerlin and uiDivStats. I think I did not get to the syslog in time to see what happened yesterday.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!