What's new

AI Protection Hits

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sol1109

Regular Contributor
Hello, I am getting many hits on AI Protection under "Two Way IPS" as shown in the attached screenshot. These come in groups separated by several days. The weird thing is the source IP and the destination name are the same PC. I have looked into the reported CVE but I am not familiar with Apache servers or where to find the program on my windows 10 PC that is responsible so I can look into any required updates. I am not running an Apache web server that I know of.

Attachments

• AIProtect.jpg
    AIProtect.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 909
Look in task manager for any tasks that look unusual. Run Malwarebytes. Also look in task manager for any startup items that look unusual.

Look in Services to see if there are any unusual services running

Look in task manager for any tasks that look unusual. Run Malwarebytes. Also look in task manager for any startup items that look unusual.

Look in Services to see if there are any unusual services running
Malwarebytes come back clean. Startup and tasks look OK.

Hello, I am getting many hits on AI Protection under "Two Way IPS" as shown in the attached screenshot. These come in groups separated by several days. The weird thing is the source IP and the destination name are the same PC. I have looked into the reported CVE but I am not familiar with Apache servers or where to find the program on my windows 10 PC that is responsible so I can look into any required updates. I am not running an Apache web server that I know of.

From where did you capture this screenshot? (Where in the router page?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you receiving the email alert?
Yes, but I have stopped receiving the original alert for almost a week now. Most of the alerts now are about my smartphone. If this does not happen for another week I guess I will close this and start a new thread on the smartphone.

if he configured this option then should can receive email.

I did the configuration process and I am not getting any emails of alert anymore, I switched from a AC68U to one AC86U, did all settings like before and isant working anymore, not even the test email form the alert system, beside that I´ve got a lot of hits, my entire network is clean, no virus, no nothing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 856
I did the configuration process and I am not getting any emails of alert anymore, I switched from a AC68U to one AC86U, did all settings like before and isant working anymore, not even the test email form the alert system, beside that I´ve got a lot of hits, my entire network is clean, no virus, no nothing.
Are you using gmail with two factor authentication turned on?

read this

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1010064/#

Yes, thats why I did a app password just for the ASUS Router on google, but even with that, isan´t working anymore.

I did the same process, but I am using two factor, so I had to generate a password only for asus router, was working 100% with ac68 and not isant working anymore with the asus ac86u

After the last firmware update I went into my google account and deleted the router application from the approved app list because I had stopped getting emails. I then generated a new app password and it started working again. I am not sure but I suspect one of the router updates somehow affected the original passwords recognition.

After the last firmware update I went into my google account and deleted the router application from the approved app list because I had stopped getting emails. I then generated a new app password and it started working again. I am not sure but I suspect one of the router updates somehow affected the original passwords recognition.

Did the same thing again now for the third time, problem solved...
crazy

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!