What's new

AICloud Cloud Disk Authentication method message

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tuba

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-N66u router with a USB stick plugged in as my NAS so I can watch movies with other devices on my network.

If I setup a new account and password in the router setting page "USB Application ->Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" and try to access it via the AiCloud app on my Android tablet, I get the same pop-up message every time I click a subfolder:

"If you have changed your router authentication method, you need to change settings here, or smart sync will not work."

It offers two Authentication Methods:
  • HTTP
  • HTTPS
No matter which I click and hit OK, or even if I hit cancel, I gain access the folders/files. But the pop-up happens every time I navigate folders (in and out) and it's really annoying.

Searched everywhere and this phrase doesn't seem to exist on the web.

Note that if I access the NAS using the main account (the Username and Password for the router settings page), then I don't get the Authentication Methods pop-ups. But prefer not to use the username and password that gives full access to my router.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I think I found the answer and will post here in case someone else has this problem later.

There is a checkbox for "Ask me next time" at the bottom of the notice that I saw when I used a different tablet. The different tablet has a taller screen (1080 vs 800 vertical resolution) so I expect the check box is hidden on the shorter tablet.

So I will try to access the check box (maybe hitting Tab on the keyboard) on the original (shorter) tablet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!