What's new

Asus DSL-AX82U Ai-Disk no visible files, they vanish from view but are still there.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ai-ant

New Around Here
Halo everyone…

I have an Asus DSL-AX82U. I thought I'd give an external drive attached to the router a go because I am sick of copying files to a USB stick and walking it all over the house from PC to PC. Also making files available for my wife when she is away on business, via an ftp .xxxx .asuscomm .com address

I followed the tutorial at Asus
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011275/

Everything worked, I can connect to the drive, I can copy a file to it via the ftp address

Code:
ftp://192.168.50.1

in windows explorer and I can also connect to the drive from the ftp.xxxx .asuscomm .com address via a browser. But even so much as going to another explorer window, or refreshing the actual ftp window, the files vanish.

I can't understand why. I followed that tutorial step by step.
I removed the drive and had a look via my PC, the files are there they just aren't visible through the router.
I am opening the ftp as admin with admin rights (supposedly) but I can't actually double check the admin settings in the router. Checking the admin account inn the router AIDisk settings only allows me to create extra users, it isn't very friendly or a self-explanatory process.

It just says: admin xxxx .asuscomm .com R/W W R No
so I have read/write permissions, I have no idea what "NO" is as there is no headings for these. And it can't be modified anyway as far as I can see in the router.

I am on windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2070
The router is on the latest firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_22048

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Last edited: