1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiMesh - Does Scheduled reboot of AiMesh Router reboot AiMesh Nodes?

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Cradle Robber, Jul 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cradle Robber

Cradle Robber New Around Here

Greetings,

I have a AiMesh Network comprised of three RT-AC68Us. I am running the current firmware on all three RT-AC68Us.

Due to some stability issues, I thought that I would set up a scheduled reboot in Administration/System in the GUI.

Will the scheduled reboot of the main router also reboot the two nodes?

Thanks!

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

Can you set it and go watch a node to find out? Then you will know for sure.

OE

3. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

AFAIK no it wont

4. Ronald Schwerer

Ronald Schwerer Senior Member

No, the node doesn't reboot, but when the main router re-initializes, it sends a rc_service: cfg_client 7713:notify_rc restart_wireless message to all nodes, repeaters, and APs. This restarts their wireless services and might be enough to fix your instability.

If not, you could schedule a "service reboot" command on each node using cron (cru). But it would need to be re-scheduled after each boot (since the crontab is volatile). The method is slightly trickier running 384_45717 since ASUS managed to cripple the running of user scripts.
    There's a work-around that requires a USB device installed in each router. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/3-0-0-4-384-45717-removes-x-attribute-in-jffs-files.57334/

Create a /jffs/.asusrouter script if one doesn't exist. In your /jffs/.asusrouter script, add a line something like
    Code:
     cru a REBOOT "0 0 * * 0 /sbin/service reboot"

Example will schedule a reboot each Sunday at 00:00 (local midnight).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  5. Cradle Robber

Cradle Robber New Around Here

Thanks to all for the feedback. I will wait a few weeks to see if the scheduled reboot of the main router resolves my issues.