What's new

AiMesh - Does Scheduled reboot of AiMesh Router reboot AiMesh Nodes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cradle Robber

New Around Here
Greetings,

I have a AiMesh Network comprised of three RT-AC68Us. I am running the current firmware on all three RT-AC68Us.

Due to some stability issues, I thought that I would set up a scheduled reboot in Administration/System in the GUI.

Will the scheduled reboot of the main router also reboot the two nodes?

Thanks!

Greetings,

I have a AiMesh Network comprised of three RT-AC68Us. I am running the current firmware on all three RT-AC68Us.

Due to some stability issues, I thought that I would set up a scheduled reboot in Administration/System in the GUI.

Will the scheduled reboot of the main router also reboot the two nodes?

Thanks!

Can you set it and go watch a node to find out? Then you will know for sure.

OE

No, the node doesn't reboot, but when the main router re-initializes, it sends a rc_service: cfg_client 7713:notify_rc restart_wireless message to all nodes, repeaters, and APs. This restarts their wireless services and might be enough to fix your instability.

If not, you could schedule a "service reboot" command on each node using cron (cru). But it would need to be re-scheduled after each boot (since the crontab is volatile). The method is slightly trickier running 384_45717 since ASUS managed to cripple the running of user scripts.
There's a work-around that requires a USB device installed in each router. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/3-0-0-4-384-45717-removes-x-attribute-in-jffs-files.57334/

Create a /jffs/.asusrouter script if one doesn't exist. In your /jffs/.asusrouter script, add a line something like
Code:
 cru a REBOOT "0 0 * * 0 /sbin/service reboot"
Example will schedule a reboot each Sunday at 00:00 (local midnight).

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the feedback. I will wait a few weeks to see if the scheduled reboot of the main router resolves my issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!