What's new

AiMesh doesn't work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@indark
"68U region #a with 20942 and 86U region Asia with 20648"

May I know the Region #a is ?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

I will test again as soon as 86U got latest 20942 too. Forget about #a its not a region like on 86U but a country setting for universal on 68U.

Unfortunately that firmware didn’t work for me. I have two RT-AC68U and I bought the second one specifically because of the mesh feature. However, although my primary router sees the new one when I search in the AIMesh panel, it goes all the way through to 100% then fails. I’ve tried the 3.0.0.4.384_21140, 20942, and 20308 firmware versions on both units, but it never seems to work. Any ideas?

Unfortunately that firmware didn’t work for me. I have two RT-AC68U and I bought the second one specifically because of the mesh feature. However, although my primary router sees the new one when I search in the AIMesh panel, it goes all the way through to 100% then fails. I’ve tried the 3.0.0.4.384_21140, 20942, and 20308 firmware versions on both units, but it never seems to work. Any ideas?

Try to send feedback with system log, wifi log, config by feedback.

Step 1: reset to default on RT-AC68U (Node).
Step 2: set RT-AC68U as router.
Step 3: go to Administration - Feedback to send feedback.

Try to send feedback with system log, wifi log, config by feedback.

Step 1: reset to default on RT-AC68U (Node).
Step 2: set RT-AC68U as router.
Step 3: go to Administration - Feedback to send feedback.

Thanks Arthur, but I just got it working. I forgot that I had my SSID hidden (for additional security), so once I made my SSID visible, then I was able to make the AIMesh pair successfully.

Thanks Arthur, but I just got it working. I forgot that I had my SSID hidden (for additional security), so once I made my SSID visible, then I was able to make the AIMesh pair successfully.

Hiding the SSID doesn't really hide it from diagnostic tools, and is said to slow wireless client connection.

OE

I was having the darndest of times connecting two AC68U routers to my AC3100.
I finally decided to use the ASUS Router app.. Voila! It was so simple and easy!
Worked like a magic wand.

Having trouble? Use the ASUS Router app!

Walt D in LV