What's new

Aimesh GT-AX11000Pro and XT8 on different 5G-1 channels

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ronan_zj

Hi All,

I have a question regarding my Aimesh setup and I am wondering if you guys experience the same issue.
Here is my home network setup ( Aimesh wireless backhaul).
1. Main Router: Firewalla Gold Plus ( router mode)
2. Parent AP status: AP mode.
3. GT-AX11000 Pro (Firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_22237) hardwired to Firewalla router.
4. Remote Nodes(wireless backhaul): ZenWifi XT8 ( 2 set) Firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_22525
Under "Advanced Setting"--"Wireless", I have set "5Gh-2(backhaul)" as "use as a dedicated wireless backhual"
under "Advanced Setting"--"Wireless", I have set "2.4Ghz, 5Ghz-1" to following:
2.4GHz (20/40Mhz), control channel and Extension channel to "auto"
5Ghz-1 ( 20/40/80/160Mhz), "enable 160Mhz).
control channel to "56", and Extension channel to "auto".
all the Asus devices are restarted after those setting. However, under the WiFi tool, I have noticed that only GT-AX11000Pro has been changed to channel 56 on 5Ghz-1, and my XT8 Nodes are still on channel "44" on 5Ghz-1.
I am wondering if this is an firmware issue or I need to have extra setup if I want to make all Aimesh under same 5Ghz-1 channels?

Maybe... just maybe, because the XT8's don't support 2x160MHz on the 5GHz as the GT-AX11000 Pro does, thus it selected different channel than what has been occupied by the GT-AX11000 5GHz-1 @160MHz.

Just my 2¢

if I am not mistaken, XT8 only support 36-48

if I am not mistaken, XT8 only support 36-48
Yeah, that's correct, their 5GHz-1 radios only support that channel range (as far as I can see in the admin GUI, anyway). Their 5GHz-2 radios support 100-165 or so depending on what region you're in. But if you are using wireless backhaul then you can't really use 5GHz-2 as a client communication radio anyway, because it's dedicated to backhaul.

Having said that ... it's not by any means a bad thing to be using different client communication channels on your different APs. Should reduce congestion. This assumes that 56 is a good idea at all, which it might not be --- I'm worried about DFS interference.

Thank you guys. yea, I think this could be the reason because I forgot that XT8 5G-1 doesnt support 160Mhz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!