What's new

AiMesh network from different routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bzenkin

New Around Here
Hi.
I have an AiMesh network (RT-AC88U - main, 2 node: RT-AC88U and RT-AC86U). Node are connected to the main router in LAN ports. Can I connect Lyra MAP-AC1300 (2 pcs) also directly to the LAN port of the main router?

Hi.
I have an AiMesh network (RT-AC88U - main, 2 node: RT-AC88U and RT-AC86U). Node are connected to the main router in LAN ports. Can I connect Lyra MAP-AC1300 (2 pcs) also directly to the LAN port of the main router?

I don't know... have not done it. But if they support AiMesh, they should work. Seems like a lot of WiFi. Maybe the 86U should be the router.

OE

I don't know... have not done it. But if they support AiMesh, they should work. Seems like a lot of WiFi. Maybe the 86U should be the router.

OE
Thanks for the answer.

I want to clarify the question. This is a matter of node connection topology. Somewhere I saw that it is possible to connect 3 nodes in the form of a star and 1 node to one of the child nodes to the main router. I need to connect 4 nodes to the main router in the form of a star. The question is that I want to purchase 2 more routers, but I don’t know if they will work like that. All nodes are connected via Ethernet.

Thanks for the answer.

I want to clarify the question. This is a matter of node connection topology. Somewhere I saw that it is possible to connect 3 nodes in the form of a star and 1 node to one of the child nodes to the main router. I need to connect 4 nodes to the main router in the form of a star. The question is that I want to purchase 2 more routers, but I don’t know if they will work like that. All nodes are connected via Ethernet.

Star wiring all nodes to the router/root node would be the most preferred topology, imo... direct and wired. I would use the router with the best hardware specs (86U?) as the root node, although that would mean only four LAN ports on the router/root node. If you keep the 88U as the root node, I would use the first four ports for the nodes since it seems the upper four ports are the ones that go bad on the 88U (from what I hear).

OE

And search for Lyra and Aimesh, what I remember they made a lot of headache to their users.

Theoretically both star and daisy chain will work over LAN and Wifi, whatever Aimesh finds automatically as best backhaul.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!