What's new

AiMesh on 2 AC68U, 30-60 sec no internet when switching between routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpdsc

Regular Contributor
Good day everyone,

Perhaps someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I am having since I bought 2 AC68U and using AiMesh.
Some background info.

- Both the router and node are running on 386.1_beta2
- I have set a Ethernet Backhaul Mode from the router to Node

When I go from the Router to the Node or vice-versa; it switches the WIFI to the other Router/Node, however, my internet connection is down for 30-60 seconds on the device.
Only after 30-60 seconds; internet starts working again.

I have reset both products to factory. Installed the router first and then added the Node.

Anyone else having this issue and might know a solution?

Thanks.

No issue here with AC86U router to AC68U node. Did notice you mention to also run the node on Asus-Merlin, I run the node on the stock firmware as the AIMesh part is closed source so no benefit anyway. Maybe that would help?

I have both on Merlin, however, the no-internet traffic happens both ways.

I did find out that the WIFI never disconnects when moving from one Node to the other, it seems to be seemless but it looks like some apps don't really support it for some reason.
Example is Whatsapp and Instagram. It takes 30 seconds for them to work but webpages etc is working fine...

Good day everyone,

Perhaps someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I am having since I bought 2 AC68U and using AiMesh.
Some background info.

- Both the router and node are running on 386.1_beta2
- I have set a Ethernet Backhaul Mode from the router to Node

When I go from the Router to the Node or vice-versa; it switches the WIFI to the other Router/Node, however, my internet connection is down for 30-60 seconds on the device.
Only after 30-60 seconds; internet starts working again.

I have reset both products to factory. Installed the router first and then added the Node.

Anyone else having this issue and might know a solution?

Thanks.
Are you still having this issue? I just recently got another ASUS router for my basement. Doing Ethernet Backhaul mode as well. I had to turn off WiFi Calling on my phone because if I started walking around my house it would transfer to the other node and cut out for that same amount of time. It’s very frustrating seeing that I got this setup for it to be seamless. Even when it jumps to the other node, same thing with apps if I am loading something it takes that 30-60 seconds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!