What's new

AiProtection disabled but still blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TnF

Occasional Visitor
1670019166522.png

1670019214351.png

If i enable and disable AiProtection it stops blocking, then one day later it again blocks. WTF?

edit: Today i again went to enable/disable, and got license agreement popup from trendmicro, i disagreed and it turned QOS off..what is this BS my router connecting to backdoor servers

Last edited:
Use the Better Search option at the top of the page to find relevant posts/threads (there will be many for TrendMicro).

You need to go to Administration, Privacy, and click on both Withdraw buttons. The router options will then become limited, and I recommend you reboot the router at this point.

When you go check and possibly want to re-enable certain options, pay attention to the license agreement presented for each feature you want to be enabled or not.

i disagreed and it turned QOS off..what is this BS my router connecting to backdoor servers

This is how you get all the "free" services - by paying with your data. Not a new concept. Withdraw the agreement, reboot. If it comes back again - reset and never enable anything TrendMicro related - AiProtection, Parental Controls, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, App Analysis, Web History. Your router with older hardware will feel much snappier and can actually do Gigabit to wired devices. With the services above enabled - it can't.

View attachment 45898

View attachment 45899

If i enable and disable AiProtection it stops blocking, then one day later it again blocks. WTF?

edit: Today i again went to enable/disable, and got license agreement popup from trendmicro, i disagreed and it turned QOS off..what is this BS my router connecting to backdoor servers
As @RMerlin has stated, these are normal behaviors when you decide to use any of the disclaimer products including AiProtection, Parental Controls, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, App Analysis, Web History, and even (DDNS?). They are all packaged under the same disclaimer agreement. All of them turn on the Trend Micro DPI engine once the disclaimer is actively acknowledged. As @Tech9 highlighted, it is apart of the "perks with out the works" package. It is the typical asus - let us turn on a bunch of "stuffs" once you agree to the disclaimer.