What's new

Can AIProtection be disabled?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

I wanted to try out those various DNS servers that are supposed to block malicious content, so I tried to navigate to one of the websites from openphish.com. But TrendMicro blocked it (after I already allowed it in Chrome). I went to AIProtection/Network Protection page on router interface, disabled AIProtection, and tried to navigate again. Still saw AiProtection page. Added the phishing site to the exceptions on AIProtection, tried again. Still blocked. I wonder, is it possible to disable TrendMicro?
I saw the thread about doing it by withdrawing consent, but in fact I don't mind using it, it's just temporary experiment; but isn't it supposed to turn itself off when it's turned off, and isn't it supposed to allow sites configured as exceptions?

Did you try refreshing the browser? Clearing the cache? Or using incognito mode?

I wanted to try out those various DNS servers that are supposed to block malicious content, so I tried to navigate to one of the websites from openphish.com. But TrendMicro blocked it (after I already allowed it in Chrome). I went to AIProtection/Network Protection page on router interface, disabled AIProtection, and tried to navigate again. Still saw AiProtection page. Added the phishing site to the exceptions on AIProtection, tried again. Still blocked. I wonder, is it possible to disable TrendMicro?
I saw the thread about doing it by withdrawing consent, but in fact I don't mind using it, it's just temporary experiment; but isn't it supposed to turn itself off when it's turned off, and isn't it supposed to allow sites configured as exceptions?
Sure. Turn it off, do your test then turn it on.

Withdrawing consent via clicking the Administration > Privacy > Withdraw button doesn't prevent you from later reactivating AiProtection and other TrendMicro features. For what ever reason one sometimes has to select the Withdraw button to fully disable the AiProtection/TrendMicro feature when they're doing troubleshooting.

Sure. Turn it off, do your test then turn it on.
The problem is, it can't be turned off
Did you try refreshing the browser? Clearing the cache? Or using incognito mode?
Sure. The whole story:
Tried to open the url. Chrome blocked.
Turned off Chrome security, tried to open the page. Bitdefender blocked.
Turned off Bitdefender, tried to open the page. Aiprotection blocked.
Added the URL to AIprotection exceptions, tried to open. Aiprotection blocked.
Turned off Aiprotection, tried to open the page. Aiprotection blocked.
Opened incognito mode. Aiprotection blocked.
Tried to open in Edge. Aiprotection blocked.

Withdrawing consent via clicking the Administration > Privacy > Withdraw button doesn't prevent you from later reactivating AiProtection and other TrendMicro features.

But until I reactivated it, it probably should not be blocking anything?

Have you Disable AiProtection > Withdraw > Reboot and try it again?

Yes, after withdrawing consent, a reboot of the router (and possibly the client devices) is (almost) always required.