What's new

Airplay crashes RT-AC66u *SOLVED*

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pulinski

New Around Here
A month back I reported that my MacBook Air crashed my Asus RT-AC66u router. I narrowed this down to when the MacBook Air was Airplaying to my Apple TV 3. The router would lock up after exactly 20 minutes bringing the whole network down. You could count the seconds down till crashed. Very predictable. Only switching the router off then back on fixed the crash.

I searched on this issue and have spent a month trying different things that have not helped until yesterday.

For the record;
I am running Merlin build 3.0.0.4.374.33
I had IMGP snooping turned on already as suggested.

Simply turning off HW acceleration and Spanning Tree Protocol under LAN > SWITCH CONTROL solved the issue for me.

I was able to Airplay from the MBA to the ATV3 for many hours last night.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Thanks so much for the follow up. I'm sure it will help others out. Do you remember if this issue was present in other, earlier f/ws? And just to make sure I'm getting the whole picture - did this also occur when using AirPlay on other devices and/or to other targets?

Glad you got it ironed out! It's all about the small victories. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!