What's new

[Alpha] 386.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have DSL also 100/10. along with a VPN. I set mine to 95/8
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 11.51.51 AM.png

Regarding Cake, I have a DSL 100/30 connection.
However I use a VPN that which gives me speed of around 92/28..

Should I fill in 90% bandwidth from the ISP speed or the VPN speed?
ISP speed. Cake doesn't schedule the traffic inside the tunnel, it schedules the traffic outside the tunnel (i.e. the VPN packets themselves).

That means you will also lose any benefit from queuing different traffic type within your VPN, making QOS half-useless there.

ISP speed. Cake doesn't schedule the traffic inside the tunnel, it schedules the traffic outside the tunnel (i.e. the VPN packets themselves).

That means you will also lose any benefit from queuing different traffic type within your VPN, making QOS half-useless there.

Aah OK.. It (Cake) looks at traffic to/from the WAN port? traffic at that point is already encrypted..

I guess that I'll have to limit bandwidth for some apps manually.

I'd better disable this QoS option completely

Last edited:
WOW..changes my whole tune about this also

Going to have to dslreports those test again,without a VPN, see what I get , Pretty good last time while connected to vpn

Last edited:

Again thanks for claryfying this..

Just another quick question:

Do the other QoS Types (like Adaptive QoS) also work such a way that only traffic _outside_ the VPN tunnel is scheduled (and traffic inside the tunnel is not scheduled) ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.