What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 pre-beta test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signature Version
1.168 Updated : 2017/06/10 02:00

@AC88U

For me the date/time stamp is being updated but the signature itself seems still an old version. It is a AC88U, any idea?
1.166 Updated : 2017/06/02 19:14

Signature is up to date
It seems that was just a refresh issue... Logged off and on and it show now 1.168

Mine states
1.168 Updated : 2017/06/10 02:00
This is the first time I saw the dates stuck but the indication seems for me just an nvram init is needed although all of you who have updated dates have 88U. Ill wait for the final .67 then see if it's fix after resetting.

Last edited:
Without nvram init, signature's date behavior didn't change in todays latest Alpha2 refresh.;)
signature1.jpg

under 380.67_alpha2-g925f2ea using triband smart connect I only get 130mps for connect speed and all components using WiFi only connect to the 2.4GHz side. I did not try 5GHz smart connect. I reverted back to 380.66_4.

Is anyone else having the same issue or is it just me?

My Router is the Asus RT-AC5300

I updated to latest RT-AC88U_380.67_alpha2-g925f2ea. Update was uneventful and all clients connect (wired & wireless).
Only "situation" is the Signature Version is showing: 1.168 Updated : 2017/06/03 15:11

Is this sig version correct?

I updated to latest RT-AC88U_380.67_alpha2-g925f2ea. Update was uneventful and all clients connect (wired & wireless).
Only "situation" is the Signature Version is showing: 1.168 Updated : 2017/06/03 15:11

Is this sig version correct?

1.168 should be the newest at this time. The datestamp might no longer be accurate (I haven't checked how Asus implemented it), but it shouldn't really matter - it will be updated next time a new signature is available.

Anyone have any trouble with Chromecast not showing up on Spotify connect in this version? It appears intermittently for me.

I updated to alpha2 (later june version) on the RT-AC3200 yesterday just before enabling dual WAN (ISP outage, so I configured my old ISP which isn't yet canceled).

Once the ISP fixed service the router correctly flipped back to primary and speedtests, pings etc - all normal yesterday evening.

This morning a speedtest showed high latency (150ms ish) and around 30-50 Mbps instead of 220 Mbps over Ethernet. This was from 2 separate machines.
Yet on wifi I was still getting the full 220 Mbps (my initial thought was ISP fault again).
The router didn't show anything abnormal I could see in syslog, nor was cPU high (2-4%), but I rebooted the router (I didn't touch either the cable or vdsl modems)
Following this a quick few mins on secondary (I set along timeout for failback),m back on primary, and Ethernet speedtests were fine.

Very odd. Not sure I can think what could cause that which could relate to the alpha firmware but thought I'd mention it. I'll keep an eye out for any reoccurance

I'm trying to see if I can get upnp consistency before I write a guide on open nat.
But I suppose for obvious fact that dns filtering is tied to asus nat loop back because of trends dpi engine , it becomes a pain to test i just wsnted to see if its better some what with upnp, is there a way to get a similar feature to dns filtering so or a workaround so that I can use you nat loop back to test upnp. I use dns filtering to force my devices to use my Pi-Hole for their dns server.
I have read your posts about your nat loop back and trend possibly over writing your rules, hence why I ask about an alternative to dns filtering or a workaround if it's possible.

Thnx, in advance Merlin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.