What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 pre-beta test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is known but I think I found a Little bug with the Alpha 2 GUI:

I have assigned static ip adresses for all of my devices over DHCP. Today I was connected with my Smartphone over openVPN with my Network and the Asus Router App showed 7 online devices, what was a Little bit suprisingly for me. Opened the router gui with chrome and it Displays my two wireless devices (PC and Smartphone) which are not powered on or physically there as LAN connected devices..

EDIT: Funnily enough they just disappeared after some minutes of opend gui, the app now Shows them not too but did it for over 8 hours till now.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is known but I think I found a Little bug with the Alpha 2 GUI:

I have assigned static ip adresses for all of my devices over DHCP. Today I was connected with my Smartphone over openVPN with my Network and the Asus Router App showed 7 online devices, what was a Little bit suprisingly for me. Opened the router gui with chrome and it Displays my two wireless devices (PC and Smartphone) which are not powered on or physically there as LAN connected devices..

EDIT: Funnily enough they just disappeared after some minutes of opend gui, the app now Shows them not too but did it for over 8 hours till now.

The networkmap list is not a realtime display of connected devices. It does not update itself over time as users complained that the rescan prevented their printers from going to sleep. Therefore the rescan only occurs as you access it - which might take a minute or two to complete.

This is perfectly normal.

The networkmap list is not a realtime display of connected devices. It does not update itself over time as users complained that the rescan prevented their printers from going to sleep. Therefore the rescan only occurs as you access it - which might take a minute or two to complete.

This is perfectly normal.
Thanks, that makes it clear! :) So it is not a bug but a feature ;) Its only problematic when using the app to watch the connected devices..

... what does this indicate?
If you're seeing in syslog, "net_ratelimit: N callbacks suppressed", the syslog messages are either too fast or too many. You could tell the kernel to not throttle the syslog messages. This could fill up the syslog quickly.
Code:
# disable syslog rate limit
/bin/echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/core/message_cost

If you're seeing in syslog, "net_ratelimit: N callbacks suppressed", the syslog messages are either too fast or too many. You could tell the kernel to not throttle the syslog messages. This could fill up the syslog quickly.
Code:
# disable syslog rate limit
/bin/echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/core/message_cost
Thank you for that script. I changed the syslog level to error or higher and will see what happens.

Everytime I start the desktop, the ASUS resets itself and it happens every single time. I uninstalled the drivers for TP-LINK and installed the latest one but useless. Usually it connects on 5 GHZ so maybe that is why.... Let me know if u need anything else
I have a USB cooler pluged in and a swap of 256 MB
I have power strips with USB connections that I plug my USB coolers into. Those USB coolers are nice and not too expensive. I wonder about their quality sometimes. But I don't want to risk any issues with leaving one plugged into AC88U on an ongoing basis if it were to have issues.

Traffic through my router has now slowed to a crawl and I now see this message in the logs for the first time. Besides it being a Linux DOS message what does this indicate? If it were a DOS attack the bandwidth should've returned when the supposed attack stopped and it didn't. Monitoring network traffic shows barely anything being used but no bandwidth available to clients.

Jun 7 17:02:16 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 17:02:31 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 18:43:57 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 18:57:19 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:04:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:05:57 kernel: net_ratelimit: 4 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:06:12 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:06:35 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:06:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 5 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:07:16 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:07:28 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:08:25 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:08:32 kernel: net_ratelimit: 4 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:09:29 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:09:38 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:10:05 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:13:41 kernel: net_ratelimit: 4 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:14:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:14:48 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:17:24 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:18:18 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:20:32 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:21:30 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:24:43 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:27:20 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:29:37 miniupnpd[1063]: recv (state0): Connection reset by peer
Jun 7 19:29:40 kernel: net_ratelimit: 2 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:36:18 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:38:25 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:40:21 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:49:02 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:52:51 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:53:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:56:44 kernel: net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 19:57:08 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed
Jun 7 20:02:47 kernel: net_ratelimit: 1 callbacks suppressed

Edit: I rolled back to 380.66_4 until 67 is more mature.

I believe those logs are caused by comcast IPv6. They have issues with letting the neighbor table overflow.

I've never had it happen before on any version of firmware and it crippled my throughput.

I've never had it happen before on any version of firmware and it crippled my throughput.

It use to be wide spread awhile back so much so Merlin added a tab in his firmware to kill it. Not sure if thats still part of the code or not. Its been a long time since i dealt with that or comcast for that matter. And it is possible it could something else all together. But as memory serves me it is a comcast issue with there shotty IPv6 implementation. Try disabling v6 for a while and see if it stops.

Ok so i fixed the nat weirdness by setting the startin internal port to one, from 1024, but steam link is still having issues with the network test its still throwing up the port error, i have a theory that waht ever is causing it, is also causing my nat issues with GTA V on pc the rockstar social club moderate nat both via PCP and Upnp, also the MW3 spec ops error. i belive its all related since both games connect to online, and the steam link connects to the pc.

Last edited:
Up time 2 days 14 hrs?:confused:
Just realized I had scheduled reboot activated.
Actual up time is 10 days. This alpha_2 has been stable on my 88! (Shhh don't let comcast know my IPv6 is working;))
I pay for 250/30, with wired getting 300/30 and my furthest wireless client
6364473902.png

Last edited:
Up time 2 days 14 hrs?:confused:
Just realized I had scheduled reboot activated.
Actual up time is 10 days. This alpha_2 has been stable on my 88! (Shhh don't let comcast know my IPv6 is working;))
I pay for 250/30 with wired getting 300/30 and my furthest wireless client
6364473902.png
Good for you. On mine every 48hrs core 1 would peg at 100% forcing me to pull the power and reset it. Whatever changed in alpha2 brought on this behavior for me as alpha 1 behaved for me.

Last edited:
Mine 88 is fine here too, no CPU problems :(

I haven't see issues in my 88 so far... Remain stable with no reboots required.

Scratch my previos post about upnp working, after a power cycle its behavior reverted, back to the buggin out.
oddly changing qos priorties seesm to fix it temporaly, due the firewall and upnp reset it preforms, regardless the steam link network test is still not working propperly, must be a bug with the port number it uses, which is odd since it connects but the network test to check for latency and frame loss buggs out and says it could not connect to the port in the screen shot of my previos post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.