What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-RMerlin 380.68 pre-release

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm I just wanted to ask RMerlin, is it possible to have an option in the tools menu to switch between symmetric and cone nat, to see if it helps with the console issues, the toggle switch would allow for testing which works better, and it may solve the console issues once and for all. Thanks in advanced. Also the new UI looks amazing you have done an awesome job.

Nice graphics. I especially like the updated firewall icon.

upload_2017-8-9_15-0-52.png

Umm I just wanted to ask RMerlin, is it possible to have an option in the tools menu to switch between symmetric and cone nat, to see if it helps with the console issues, the toggle switch would allow for testing which works better, and it may solve the console issues once and for all. Thanks in advanced

Maybe, but that's not on my priority list at the moment. Beside, I'm not convinced it will solve "the console issues once and for all". You can't fix what's broken on the console's side, and what I've read about full cone NAT doesn't inspire me any confidence - it seems like a security risk. And anything specific to miniupnpd has to be implemented by its author, I have no intention of working on that code.

Also the new UI looks amazing you have done an awesome job.

They're not mine, they're Asus' work.

Last edited:
Was the all important temperature graph removed?
I can't seem to locate the temp graph, since the latest update.
I paid extra to insure my fan only blows standard air to insure proper temp readings.
How will I contribute graph pix to the numerous router temp groups?

Been running alpha 2 v2 and all is running very smooth. Thank you @RMerlin :)

Maybe, but that's not on my priority list at the moment. Beside, I'm not convinced it will solve "the console issues once and for all". You can't fix what's broken on the console's side, and what I've read about full cone NAT doesn't inspire me any confidence - it seems like a security risk. And anything specific to miniupnpd has to be implemented by its author, I have no intention of working on that code.

They're not mine, they're Asus' work.
Still you've done an awesome job also some one link that ms is actually fixing the xbox one network code to allow for choosing ports.

Been running alpha 2 v2 and all is running very smooth. Thank you @RMerlin :)

+1 here

Running 380.68-alpha2-g5d6b6dd on my RT-AC68U for a couple of days now, running smooth like butter. It seems faster overall.

The only I noticed is that the text which shows on mouse-over the USB icon in the main screen sometimes seems to 'stick' to the mouse cursor. Not sure whether that's related to the alpha/new gui or to my backup laptop, as my main laptop is out for repair and I'm on an ancient tiny Asus EeePC netbook running Linux Mint 18.2 Xfce in the meantime. That's really the only thing I can report, everything else is running smooth like butter. Again, well done @RMerlin!

The only I noticed is that the text which shows on mouse-over the USB icon in the main screen sometimes seems to 'stick' to the mouse cursor.

I've had that happen for quite a few versions of the firmware. At the moment I'm still on 380.67. This is on Windows 7 Pro 64bit using Firefox.

With earlier versions (380.67 and earlier) at least I think there used to be (Administration -> ) Performance tuning -tab where you could see temp graphics. Now I can't find it.

With earlier versions (380.67 and earlier) at least I think there used to be (Administration -> ) Performance tuning -tab where you could see temp graphics. Now I can't find it.

Asus only shows it if the model supports a cooling fan. I simply forgot to remove that check from the new menuTree code, it's already fixed on Git.

Flashed this.
Runs well.

Only small thing ive noticed was i accidentally turned game mode on and when i turned it off it rebooted...althought the screen didt say it was rebooting.

Running alpha 2 on my trusty old AC68U for a few days now without problems. HTTPS interface seems to work correctly now even on mac safari! And feels a lot smoother. Non of the aforementioned problems, didn't even do a factory reset (since 365, I think). I use the reboot schedule and have it reboot every night, maybe that helps a bit.
Also am using the openVPN client & server without issues. Nice and smooth!

Thanks for the great work RMerlin!

Very pleased the n66u is still supported. Thank you, @RMerlin

Just did a factory reset & updated from 3.67 to the 3ed alpha...8/11/17

Very stable so far. I have a TiVo Roamio Pro which has a built in TiVo Stream so I can control or watch on iOS or android. This wasn't working with 3.67.

New UI looks awesome

A while back I saw an Asus beta update that supported auto dynamic
Port changing. IMG_1012.PNG

I saw another post that said most of the features in this beta where added...I know it's been a while, but was this particular feature added?

I plugged in both Xbox ones with this firmware...I had one manually port forwarded, but I had open in game NAT for both consoles. I saw under log-forwards that the second Xbox had A few different external ports forwarded to the 2nd console's internal 3076 port.

I saw another post that said most of the features in this beta where added...I know it's been a while, but was this particular feature added?

No idea, as this changelog was for a beta build, so I have no idea what code change they did for it, neither if that code was carried over to a stable release.

Last edited:
Just did a factory reset & updated from 3.67 to the 3ed alpha...8/11/17

Very stable so far. I have a TiVo Roamio Pro which has a built in TiVo Stream so I can control or watch on iOS or android. This wasn't working with 3.67.

New UI looks awesome

A while back I saw an Asus beta update that supported auto dynamic
Port changing. View attachment 10081

I plugged in both Xbox ones with this firmware...I had one manually port forwarded, but I had open in game NAT for both consoles. I saw under log-forwards that the second Xbox had A few different external ports forwarded to the 2nd console's internal 3076 port.
I remember that beta the only way merlin could know what was changed would be only if asus released, a gpl for it as in the source code, then he would be able to see it, also test the latest version of stock firmware, to see if you get the same result. Although on second thought that's a pretty vague statement, with little to no context, but I'm guessing it means for example both applications use 3074, it will redirect to a different port perhaps.

Last edited:
"I'm guessing it means for example both applications use 3074, it will redirect to a different port."

Vexira, this is what I was thinking to. If that is correct, wouldn't it be the answer to the open NAT on multiple gaming consoles. That was the 1st thing I thought of when I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.