What's new

amtm amtm 3.1.9 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll give a try to your commands as it's impossible to access amtm... it does a loop showing what I've shared.

I'm getting this, and I double checked it was removed:
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC88U 386.2_beta1 Wed Mar 10 16:44:43 UTC 2021
sentinelvdx@RT-AC88U:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/e2fsck /dev/sda1
e2fsck 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
/dev/sda1 is in use.
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.
Eject the disk and test it in a laptop. Or eject the disk, boot the router, plug the disk back in and if it's recognized, try to run the disktest from there.

Eject the disk and test it in a laptop. Or eject the disk, boot the router, plug the disk back in and if it's recognized, try to run the disktest from there.
I would do the latter .. unless you can check it with a device running linux.

I'll give a try to your commands as it's impossible to access amtm... it does a loop showing what I've shared.

I'm getting this, and I double checked it was removed:
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC88U 386.2_beta1 Wed Mar 10 16:44:43 UTC 2021
sentinelvdx@RT-AC88U:/tmp/home/root# /usr/sbin/e2fsck /dev/sda1
e2fsck 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
/dev/sda1 is in use.
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.
You did not unmount the device. You'll have to do that for the disk check to be able to run.

Is it just me?

I can download it manually but not through opkg update
Screenshot_20210321-214025950.jpg

@maghuro, isn't it always 'just you'? :D

is there any script that could check if new amtm (entware + scripts are available) every day at night and automatically update all to the newest version.

amtm work very well - this is exactly functionality I was missing and stay with tomato for long time.

thx to all devs working on amtm and scripts - great job.

No one would want that. Too many issues/broken scripts with Entware updates.

Router model and code level are a must.
Based on the version of curl displayed, it must be older than 380.68, which introduced 7.54.1.
Code:
380.68 (18-Aug-2017)
- CHANGED: Updated Curl to 7.54.1
Or else there's an outdated Entware installation of curl. It's more fun to guess than to be told. :)

RT-AC68U
Yeah, you need a newer firmware version than this stone aged outdated and long since unsupported version.

I only want to install Diversion ad-blocker,
Is it available as a standalone package ?
If not, is there any ad-blocker pkg in Entware/Optware?
Thanks!

No, the author said, it was unsupported on your outdated version.

Fix your end.

updated to 384.19
amtm install now works
This firmware version includes amtm, so all you’d have to do is enter amtm into the terminal and it will initialize itself. No install command is needed. To differentiate the two functionally equal versions, the firmware version adds FW to the amtm version number in its UI.

As the two cannot live side by side, it has built in checks and does its magick automatically if one would run the install command from the Diversion website. It surely did it on your router.

I have just run the "curl...." command, and all went ok after
specially liked the "ls" led scheduler function >> it should be included in router's GUI menu
prefer older, tried and reliable versions, 386.2 is too new for my everyday use

Everyone it's own preference of course, but we've got a whole crowd cheering about the 386 branch over here and running older builds also means that you take a certain risk with security issues that have been found but not fixed in olders builds... Before a firmware build goes stable it has been through alpha and beta stages and it's not going to stable until it's ready for it.

is there any script that could check if new amtm (entware + scripts are available) every day at night and automatically update all to the newest version.

amtm work very well - this is exactly functionality I was missing and stay with tomato for long time.

thx to all devs working on amtm and scripts - great job.

As @L&LD pointed out, I don't like any script that automatically updates things without my consent. Just never know when someone has something special set up that an upgrade will muck up.

That said, I call this script daily at 10 am via a cron job. The script checks for entware/3rd party scripts and sends me an email if any exist. The mailer is another custom script that I use to email/text me when a variety to things happen (script updates, WAN events, UPS events, No comms to AP's, etc.).

The portions of the code commented out was to check for CAKE updates when using 386.1 and prior. Since CAKE is now part of 386.2, I can't update it anyway myself. I'll likely end up removing it altogether once I am sure I will stay with the 386.2 firmware.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

readonly SCRIPT_NAME="cake-qos"
readonly SCRIPT_BRANCH="master"
readonly SCRIPT_REMOTEDIR="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ttgapers/cakeqos-merlin/${SCRIPT_BRANCH}"
readonly MAILFILE="/tmp/update_file.txt"
readonly AMTMCHECKFILE="/tmp/amtm-tpu-check"

if [ -f $AMTMCHECKFILE ]; then rm $AMTMCHECKFILE; fi

amtm tpu

# VERSION_REMOTE_MANIFEST=$(/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 --connect-timeout 3 "${SCRIPT_REMOTEDIR}/versions.txt")
# if [ -n "$VERSION_REMOTE_MANIFEST" ]; then
#    VERSION_LOCAL_CAKE=$(opkg list_installed | grep "^sched-cake-oot - " | awk -F " - " '{print $2}' | cut -d- -f-4)
#    VERSION_LOCAL_TC=$(opkg list_installed | grep "^tc-adv - " | awk -F " - " '{print $2}')
#    VERSION_REMOTE_CAKE=$(echo "$VERSION_REMOTE_MANIFEST" | awk -F "|" '{print $1}')
#    VERSION_REMOTE_TC=$(echo "$VERSION_REMOTE_MANIFEST" | awk -F "|" '{print $2}')
#    MD5_LOCAL_SCRIPT="$(md5sum "/opt/bin/cake-qos" | awk '{print $1}')"
#    MD5_REMOTE_SCRIPT="$(/usr/sbin/curl -fsL --retry 3 ${SCRIPT_REMOTEDIR}/${SCRIPT_NAME}.sh | md5sum | awk '{print $1}')"

#    if [ "$VERSION_LOCAL_CAKE" != "$VERSION_REMOTE_CAKE" ] || [ ! -f "/opt/lib/modules/sch_cake.ko" ] || [ "$VERSION_LOCAL_TC" != "$VERSION_REMOTE_TC" ] || [ ! -f "/opt/sbin/tc" ] || [ "$MD5_LOCAL_SCRIPT" != "$MD5_REMOTE_SCRIPT" ]; then
#        UPDATE="Yes" # 0
#    else
#        UPDATE="No" # 1
#    fi
#else
#    UPDATE="No" # 1
#fi

UPDATE="No"

if [ -f $AMTMCHECKFILE ] || [ "$UPDATE" = "Yes" ]; then
    echo "The following updates have been reported by AMTM/Cake-QoS" > $MAILFILE
    echo "" >> $MAILFILE
    if [ -f $AMTMCHECKFILE ]; then
        cat $AMTMCHECKFILE >> $MAILFILE
    fi

if [ "$UPDATE" = "Yes" ]; then   
        echo "Updates to Cake-QoS are available" >> $MAILFILE
    fi

echo "" >> $MAILFILE
    echo "Check for updates done on $(date -R)" >> $MAILFILE

if [ -f $AMTMCHECKFILE ]; then rm $AMTMCHECKFILE; fi

/jffs/addons/young/smail.sh $MAILFILE "AMTM: Script Updates are available"
fi

Reactions: MvW
The mailer is another custom script that I use to email/text me when a variety to things happen (script updates, WAN events, UPS events, No comms to AP's, etc.).

Sounds like a great timesaver. Would you mind sharing smail.sh too?

Sounds like a great timesaver. Would you mind sharing smail.sh too?

Here you go. Nothing special. I created a gmail account just for the router and set up an application password for the account. The certificate file I also downloaded from Google.

If I call the script without an address (recipients), the script just uses my default email address. Sometimes when I want a text as well as an email, I have the option of passing a recipient list.

i.e. /jffs/addons/young/smail.sh "$FILE" "$SUBJECT" "email@live.ca xxxxxxxxxx@msg.telus.com"

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Send mail alert to administrator
#
# usage:
#    smail.sh text_body subject_line

if ! [ $# -ge 2 ] && [ $# -le 3 ]
then
    printf "Not enough Arguments\n\n"
    printf "Usage: smail.sh <email_body> <subject_line> <address>\n\n"
    exit
fi

if ! [ -e $1 ]
then
    printf "File %s does not exit\n\n" $1
    exit
fi

FROM="address@gmail.com"
AUTH="address@gmail.com"
PASS="XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX"
FROMNAME="Email Name (Router)"

if [ $# -eq 3 ]; then
    TO=$3
else
    TO="email@gmail.com"
fi

echo "Subject: "$2 >/tmp/mail.txt
echo "From: $FROMNAME <$FROM>" >>/tmp/mail.txt
echo "Date:  $(date -R)" >>/tmp/mail.txt

cat $1 >>/tmp/mail.txt

echo "" >>/tmp/mail.txt

cat /tmp/mail.txt | sendmail -H"exec openssl s_client -quiet \
-CAfile /jffs/gmail2.pem \
-connect smtp.gmail.com:587 -tls1 -starttls smtp" \
-f"$FROM" \
-au"$AUTH" -ap"$PASS" -t ${TO}

#rm /tmp/mail.txt

Everything working ok on my RT-AX88U Mesh system. But running the "U" command on AMTM, get this following error message....
"Collected errors: * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/dejavu-fonts-ttf-DejaVuSerif-Italic.list: Input/output error."

Checking forum, nothing conclusive to me to resolve, other then appears related to Entware package? My actions to resolve so far...Update on Entware runs clean, powered Router off/on. Ideas to resolve greatly appreciated! Thks.

Attachments

• AMTM error.jpg
    AMTM error.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Everything working ok on my RT-AX88U Mesh system. But running the "U" command on AMTM, get this following error message....
"Collected errors: * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/dejavu-fonts-ttf-DejaVuSerif-Italic.list: Input/output error."

Checking forum, nothing conclusive to me to resolve, other then appears related to Entware package? My actions to resolve so far...Update on Entware runs clean, powered Router off/on. Ideas to resolve greatly appreciated! Thks.
Do you know why this font is installed in your Entware?
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep ^deja
opkg whatdepends dejavu-fonts-ttf-DejaVuSerif-Italic
If there’s no reason for it, try to remove it with opkg remove dejavu-fonts-ttf-DejaVuSerif-Italic

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!