What's new

amtm amtm 3.2.x - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks!
What's the recommended procedure to change the USB drive?
  1. Unmount USB drive via router GUI
  2. physically switch USB drive
  3. then I have no Idea what to do next?
Format via AMTM

Hi,
Yesterday and today, when logging into my router via SSH, AMTM is showing me an update from 3.2.3 to 3.2.3. When I press U to check for updates, the message doesn't show. Does anyone know what this is about?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 171903.jpg

Thanks.

Aaaaand.... the oddity (ghost) is gone. So be it.... :)

Screenshot 2022-01-22 221746.jpg

Anton

I have pushed a minor update for amtm, no version change.

What's new
CHANGED: Checks which AdGuardHome binary branch is installed.
Only the release branch will be checked for updates with u.

I had AMTA 3.2.0, manually installed, running on old Merlin version. I tried to update it but got the "amtm: diversion.ch unreachable" message. So, I removed it and tried to install manually with
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm
It didn't do anything.
Is there another way to install it manually again?

Update (22/05/02): I don't want to mislead anyone so I'm going to retract what I said below as others are quite certain that cron should be happening in local time. I still haven't gotten it to behave this way on my router. However it appears not to be a amtm issue so I'm going to post in the main forum for further assistance.

For other rookies like me:
It appears that cron jobs are set in the UTC timezone regardless of router time zone setting. This means you will have to use a little math (or use a time converter) when you set up the LED OFF/ON times in amtm.

As long as I have this correct, it might be nice to state this when setting the LED times in amtm. If I don't, please educate me.

I don't know for sure but I assume this is the same for other busybox installs? While other cron implementations seem to indicate their jobs will use local time.

Last edited:
For other rookies like me:
It appears that cron jobs are set in the UTC timezone regardless of router time zone setting. This means you will have to use a little math (or use a time converter) when you set up the LED OFF/ON times in amtm.

As long as I have this correct, it might be nice to state this when setting the LED times in amtm. If I don't, please educate me.

I don't know for sure but I assume this is the same for other busybox installs? While other cron implementations seem to indicate their jobs will use local time.
No, cron jobs are executed in router local time.

RE: Swap File Sizes

I noticed the options for 5 and 10GB, which far exceed the recommended 2GB.
Why are the large sizes needed? I thought it was a temp storage (used as needed).

No, cron jobs are executed in router local time.
So then I am definitely missing something. Screenshots attached.

Router is set to PDT.
Time is just after 8am
Leds are set to come on at 1300 and off at 600
Right now the option offered in amtm is to "disable" the leds implying that the leds are on. I can also confirm that the leds are actually on.

If this was scheduled in local time the leds should be off but they aren't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-080903_JuiceSSH.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-080903_JuiceSSH.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220501-080407_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-080407_Firefox.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20220501-080612_JuiceSSH.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-080612_JuiceSSH.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
So then I am definitely missing something. Screenshots attached.

Router is set to PDT.
Time is just after 8am
Leds are set to come on at 1300 and off at 600
Right now the option offered in amtm is to "disable" the leds implying that the leds are on. I can also confirm that the leds are actually on.

If this was scheduled in local time the leds should be off but they aren't.
I don’t use this feature. But if this is done by cron jobs, perhaps can run “cru l” and see if the cron jobs time is correct.

XXXXXXXX@RT-AC68U-9E20:/tmp/home/root# cru l
0 13 * * * /jffs/addons/amtm/ledcontrol -on #amtm_LEDcontrol_on#
0 6 * * * /jffs/addons/amtm/ledcontrol -off #amtm_LEDcontrol_off#

Times are correct for UTC and these turn the lights off at night and back on in the morning. Still confused.

Times are correct for UTC and these turn the lights off at night and back on in the morning. Still confused.
The times shown in the output of the cru command are in the local time zone, not UTC.

So if you want the LEDs to turn off at 22:00 local time for example, the entry should be 0 22 * * * /jffs/addons/amtm/ledcontrol -off

If crond is not operating in the time zone set on your router then something has gone wrong.

Look in the router's syslog just after it's booted up. You should see a line similar to this just after NTP sets the router's clock:
Code:
Apr 29 19:54:11 crond[1455]: time disparity of 2096029 minutes detected

You can try manually restarting crond and seeing if that fixes the problem:
Code:
service restart_crond

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!