What's new

amtm amtm 3.2.x - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since I last posted I've been having random disconnects to in-game and streaming traffic. Ping tests pass straight through without packet loss and monitoring my connection shows no signs of disconnects or high latency but the disconnects kept happening.
In the end I used process of elimination to disable scripts one by one. Unfortunately it didn't help, and neither did uninstalling each one by one. To fix the disconnects I had to uninstall everything, format jffs, remove swap and format and remove my USB disk.

I guess at some point I'll try again with each script one by one but no matter what I do my AC-86U always ends to forgetting my USB is connected after a while, and if it doesn't I get these disconnects.

Does anyone know how I can find the cause of this? There's no error messages in sys log when I got the disconnects, and when my USB is no longer detected sys log complains there's a problem with the USB device, yet re-inserting it the disk is always detected and mounted fine.

Something is causing this, I wish I knew how to pin point it.

amtm 3.2.1 is now available

What's new
NEW: Adds support for WireGuard Session Manager by @Martineau - Manage/Install WireGuard® on applicable ASUS routers.
NEW: amtm can now also manage email settings, SSH UI only. @Jack Yaz you may keep your implementation until such time that amtm has a WebUI.
CHANGED: Router LEDs in lc can now be set to use your local Sunset and Sunrise time to turn them on or off.
CHANGED: Preparation for amtm IOS Shortcuts app.

How to update

Use u to update amtm to this latest version

Theoretically if my scripts are reading and writing to the same file as amtm in the same format, there's no harm in keeping it even when amtm has a WebUI?
I agree with your theory.

amtm3.2.1: the mere update already causes /jffs/addons/wireguard to be emptied...and an existing installation no longer works.

Wireguard - Session Manager - Discussion (2nd) thread | Page 19 | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)
I have no idea of the history of how and where files are stored for this addon.
Assuming that it has always been the same, I coded it with the current version in mind. That appears to be a false assumption.

amtm only relies on the main file being present to determine if an addon is installed.
Since the WireGuard Session Manager leaves that main file behind even if the installation failed due to compatibility I had to add an additional file check.
The two files amtm checks for are:
Code:
/jffs/addons/wireguard/wg_manager.sh
/jffs/addons/wireguard/wg_firewall
If the first is present and second is missing, I assume a failed installation happened, therefore I remove the /jffs/addons/wireguard directory.

Again, that is with the current available version.

Maybe updating an older installation helps before updating to the latest amtm v3.2.1.

Edit: See post below.

Last edited:
amtm3.2.1: the mere update already causes /jffs/addons/wireguard to be emptied...and an existing installation no longer works.
I have removed the above mentioned extra file check, WireGuard Session Manager now only looks for the file /jffs/addons/wireguard/wg_manager.sh to be present.
It will also no longer remove the /jffs/addons/wireguard directory.

I have removed the above mentioned extra file check, WireGuard Session Manager now only looks for the file /jffs/addons/wireguard/wg_manager.sh to be present.
It will also no longer remove the /jffs/addons/wireguard directory.
Updated amtm right after your first post with Wireguard Manager 4.13 and it found my existing installation and did not remove anything.

amtm 3.2.1 is now available

What's new
NEW: Adds support for WireGuard Session Manager by @Martineau - Manage/Install WireGuard® on applicable ASUS routers.
This is a Very HUGE addition for securing our devices/network, for those who are unaware what WireGuard is or VPNs are in general.
The lead developer/inventor explains (perhaps too technically at times) in this video:
Video to kill the VPN stars

(I wonder what the implication will be for the router firmware when all the "bloatcode" currently included can be eliminated, if that's possible? will it be like being able to run iOS 15 on iphone 6s?)

I cant't to update entware packages thru amtm... When i pressing "1" which means update start command, nothing happens... just reloading menu... What is wrong?

login as: admin
admin@192.168.50.1's password:

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX56U 386.4_beta2 Wed Dec 22 18:14:16 UTC 2021
admin@RT-AX56U-6190:/tmp/home/root# amtm
amtm 3.2.1 FW by thelonelycoder
RT-AX56U (armv7l) FW-386.4 @ 192.168.50.1
The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

ep manage Entware packages -> 13p avail

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates

amtm options
e exit t theme r reset a about

Enter option ep

Entware package options

This router runs Entware armv7sf-k2.6
See available packages list here:
https://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.html

1. Update and upgrade Entware packages
2. Show installed Scripts and Entware packages

Enter selection [1-2 e=Exit] 1

Downloading https://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware
Upgrading terminfo on root from 6.2-2a to 6.2-3...
Upgrading zoneinfo-europe on root from 2021a-1 to 2021e-1...
Upgrading nano on root from 5.8-1 to 5.9-2...
Upgrading libcurl on root from 7.78.0-1 to 7.80.0-1...
Upgrading libpcre on root from 8.45-1 to 8.45-2...
Upgrading grep on root from 3.6-1a to 3.7-2...
Upgrading zoneinfo-asia on root from 2021a-1 to 2021e-1...
Upgrading ca-certificates on root from 20210119-1 to 20211016-1...
Upgrading transmission-daemon on root from 3.00-14 to 3.00-17...
Upgrading libncursesw on root from 6.2-2a to 6.2-3...
Upgrading ca-bundle on root from 20210119-1 to 20211016-1...
Upgrading transmission-web on root from 3.00-14 to 3.00-17...
Upgrading libopenssl on root from 1.1.1k-1 to 1.1.1l-1...
Collected errors:
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg terminfo needs 8
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg zoneinfo-europe needs 22
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg nano needs 157
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg libcurl needs 182
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg libpcre needs 170
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg grep needs 101
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg zoneinfo-asia needs 31
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg ca-certificates needs 120
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg transmission-daemon needs 189
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg libncursesw needs 197
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg ca-bundle needs 111
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg transmission-web needs 218
* verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /opt, pkg libopenssl needs 1212

ep manage Entware packages -> 13p avail

i show all available scripts or tools
u check for script updates

amtm options
e exit t theme r reset a about

Entware packages updated and upgraded

Enter option u

ep manage Entware packages -> upd avail
- terminfo 6.2-2a -> 6.2-3
- zoneinfo-europe 2021a-1 -> 2021e-1
- nano 5.8-1 -> 5.9-2
- libcurl 7.78.0-1 -> 7.80.0-1
- libpcre 8.45-1 -> 8.45-2
- grep 3.6-1a -> 3.7-2
- zoneinfo-asia 2021a-1 -> 2021e-1
- ca-certificates 20210119-1 -> 20211016-1
- transmission-daemon 3.00-14 -> 3.00-17
- libncursesw 6.2-2a -> 6.2-3
- ca-bundle 20210119-1 -> 20211016-1
- transmission-web 3.00-14 -> 3.00-17
- libopenssl 1.1.1k-1 -> 1.1.1l-1

awm Asuswrt-Merlin no release yet 386.4.beta2

I'm trying to use the new email option, but I cannot get it to work with a gmail account. I'm using the smtps prococol and credentials that I verified using Thunderbird, both without and with the --insecure option. Is there any further magic that has to happen to get gmail to work?

I'm trying to use the new email option, but I cannot get it to work with a gmail account. I'm using the smtps prococol and credentials that I verified using Thunderbird, both without and with the --insecure option. Is there any further magic that has to happen to get gmail to work?
are you using an app password?

Thanks, but on the surface, I do not have 2-factor enabled for that acct, so not sure this applies. But I'll look closer at it.

Thanks, but on the surface, I do not have 2-factor enabled for that acct, so not sure this applies. But I'll look closer at it.
I've added a verbose option to the send testmail option in amtm.
Use that option to see what's going on, post (redacted) curl output if you need further help.

Use uu in amtm to get the updated email.mod file first.

Here is a link to the verbose output. I did obscure some of the lines that appear to be personal or encrypted data. If you need the originals, let me know, and I'll send to you personally.
I verified in the gmail account that imap is enabled, that the Less Secure option is enabled, and that 2-step Verification is off.

Here is a link to the verbose output. I did obscure some of the lines that appear to be personal or encrypted data. If you need the originals, let me know, and I'll send to you personally.
I verified in the gmail account that imap is enabled, that the Less Secure option is enabled, and that 2-step Verification is off.

Login denied is the error, the output refers to https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 w6sm7347526ilv.18

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!