What's new

amtm amtm 3.2.x - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just started using it on an AiMesh node that’s tucked away on a shelf - but was noticeable at night.
Works like a charm!

I know it works, no testing needed. I just want to hear something positive to make my day even brighter…
Best coding decision ever !!!!!!! (might even try it some time)

My USB was corrupted so I purchased a new one. I have the AC87U with Merlin 384.13_10.
The USB is formatted to NTFS and looking at the documentation I need to run curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm from SSH client
But I get this error
Capture.JPG

Any ideas where I am going wrong. Thank you

My USB was corrupted so I purchased a new one. I have the AC87U with Merlin 384.13_10.
The USB is formatted to NTFS and looking at the documentation I need to run curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm from SSH client
But I get this error
View attachment 38174
Any ideas where I am going wrong. Thank you
I have no idea where you are getting the ab-solution.sh file from. AB-Solution has migrated to Diversion more than 4 years ago. I have no publicly available files left for AB-Solution on my server.

As for your error, this is now common for outdated firmware installed on the router. Nothing I can do.
See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac87u-all-download-attempts-failed.75049/

With larger swap files now possible, is there any significant advantage to an increase from the long standard 2GB?
Does your router run out of memory? No? Thought so. 2 GB is sufficient for most routers. You‘ll know if you‘d ever need more.

If you run anything that requires a large swap, it's probably going to run so slow that it's a bad idea anyway. Swapping off a USB thumbdrive is going to have major impacts on your router performance.

In 2022, swaps should only be used as temporary "spillover". If something constantly requires swap, then you need to address it.

Is anyone using the sunset/sunrise LED option in amtm?
Just wanted to hear feedback for this long awaited but never asked for feature that I had in my head for over a year.
Finally got to coding it some time ago and it was as much fun getting it to work as I imagined.

I REALLY LOVE IT that my router does the same as all my iPads, iPhones and computers :):cool:
I just changed mine. That was exactly what I wanted when I set it up manually a few months ago.

Thanks!

Just wanted to hear feedback for this long awaited but never asked for feature that I had in my head for over a year.
Finally got to coding it some time ago and it was as much fun getting it to work as I imagined.

I REALLY LOVE IT that my router does the same as all my iPads, iPhones and computers :):cool:
Yes! It is great for router living room at night as not to interfere with TV in low light.

Yes I setup for my location and it works wonderfully. Before I had it setup for the LEDs to run a couple hours a day. This is a nice feature. Appreciate it.

The amtm LED control management is done through the SSH UI only.

These two do not require an attached device, they install to and run from the router built in /jffs/ partition.
That is, unless you want to use the sunset/sunrise setting in amtm to control the LEDs, this particular feature requires Entware installed.
If you want that feature, insert the device into the router, run fd in amtm to format the disk, then run ep to install Entware.
@thelonelycoder
After some time, I do plan on installing entware, diversion, etc. On a Usb. But I am not there yet.
I already am using jffs for a couple .add scripts.
So for now, if I just want to install led control feature, via amtm, and set the schedule to static times, not dynamic sunset/sunrise, I assume It will simply install into jffs/scripts and i do not need entware yet?
If true,
1. Will schedule survive reboots?
2. Approx how much jffs space does it take once installed?
Cheers.

EDIT Jan. 4:

Nevermind, I have installed both without issue and hardly any jffs space is used.
I’ll see tonight, although i do see crons listed in scmerlin, if lights go off then if back on in the am.

Last edited:
Seems that you have a corrupted file. You can view the file by command:

Code:
less /opt/etc/profile

This is my /opt/etc/profile.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Please note it's not a system-wide settings, it's only for a current
# terminal session. Point your f\w (if necessery) to execute /opt/etc/profile
# at console logon.

is_substring(){
    case "$2" in
        *$1*) return 0;;
        *) return 1;;
    esac
}

# Set CHECK_OPT_PATH to 1 to check /opt/bin and /opt/sbin in PATH
CHECK_OPT_PATH=0
if [ $CHECK_OPT_PATH = 1 ]; then
    is_substring "/opt/bin" $PATH
    [ $? == 1 ] && export PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH
    is_substring "/opt/sbin" $PATH
    [ $? == 1 ] && export PATH=/opt/sbin:$PATH
else
    export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:$PATH
fi
export TERMINFO=/opt/share/terminfo
export TERM=xterm
export TMP=/opt/tmp
export TEMP=/opt/tmp
unset LD_PRELOAD
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
alias mc="mc -c"

# You may define localization
#export LANG='ru_RU.UTF-8'
#export LC_ALL='ru_RU.UTF-8'
export LANG='en_US.UTF-8'
export LC_ALL='en_US.UTF-8'
I also experienced the same error message and corrupted file. Is there a quick and easy way to fix this?

Is there any benefit to use an USB 3.0 stick over an USB 2.0 stick?
Currently I have an USB 2.0 stick in my AC86U. Would I notice any speed advantage?

Is there any benefit to use an USB 3.0 stick over an USB 2.0 stick?
Currently I have an USB 2.0 stick in my AC86U. Would I notice any speed advantage?
Faster is always better. Even better is using a SSD drive instead of a memory stick. They last longer and allow greater speeds.

Thanks!
What's the recommended procedure to change the USB drive?
  1. Unmount USB drive via router GUI
  2. physically switch USB drive
  3. then I have no Idea what to do next?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!