What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.1 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 28, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's all good but for Diversion a simple refresh in Skynet would perfectly do:
Code:
refresh-shared-whitelists)
    if ! Check_Connection; then echo "[*] Connection Error Detected - Exiting"; echo; exit 1; fi
    echo "[i] Refreshing Shared Whitelist Files"
    Whitelist_Shared
;;
After the refresh portion on line 3584
okay I incorporated that in the patch. Can you think of any issues this might cause with the success of fully loading any new changes into the actual skynet firewall? for example, have you done a before and after examination of the ipset contents. (( ipset -list -t))

okay I incorporated that in the patch. Can you think of any issues this might cause with the success of fully loading any new changes into the actual skynet firewall?
This is only to make sure Skynet uses the whitelisted domains in Diversion. Then more and more things were added to that function that really are unnecessary when Diversion triggers that refresh.
I'm sure this has no other effects in Skynet. @Adamm and I agreed half a decade ago to share whitelists this way.

This is only to make sure Skynet uses the whitelisted domains in Diversion. Then more and more things were added to that function that really are unnecessary when Diversion triggers that refresh.
I'm sure this has no other effects in Skynet. @Adamm and I agreed half a decade ago to share whitelists this way.
The reason I asked because if any of the other whitelist entries get purged at somepoint in the process, (or the blacklist itself), then it could be problematic . From a birds eye perspective I don't see such though so i don't officially know.

The reason I asked because if any of the other whitelist entries get purged at somepoint in the process, (or the blacklist itself), then it could be problematic . From a birds eye perspective I don't see such though so i don't officially know.
That‘s for @Adamm to decide. I just find the heading or echo of the refresh function that I copied into my code is telling enough. The original purpose was for shared-whitelists only.

And all this Diversion stuff in the amtm thread. Diversion getting jealous of amtm.
I need to sit down with both of them and tell them who‘s the boss.

@thelonelycoder I need to get with you on monitoring WAN Failover update stream, in my case there is a Prod and Beta channel and if the user has Dev Mode enabled in the configuration it will use the beta channel instead of the prod channel.

@thelonelycoder and team: in another thread you talked about when installing Diversion to now choose the "Temp Mirror" for entware. Will this cover those with Diversion already installed? Is there a special menu item for that switch? I could not find the path for that yesterday which is why I edited the control file manually yesterday with the change. Thanks!

@thelonelycoder I need to get with you on monitoring WAN Failover update stream, in my case there is a Prod and Beta channel and if the user has Dev Mode enabled in the configuration it will use the beta channel instead of the prod channel.
You want me to also switch to the beta version for MD5 and update check in amtm IF the user sets DEVMODE=1 in your script?

@thelonelycoder and team: in another thread you talked about when installing Diversion to now choose the "Temp Mirror" for entware. Will this cover those with Diversion already installed? Is there a special menu item for that switch? I could not find the path for that yesterday which is why I edited the control file manually yesterday with the change. Thanks!
Currently, the selection of the Entware mirror is only possible during a fresh install of Entware through amtm. I have not released code for this to be an option after installation of Entware, though this is in the works.
Diversion does not offer any of that at the moment as I want to consider some options.

You want me to also switch to the beta version for MD5 and update check in amtm IF the user sets DEVMODE=1 in your script?
Exactly, I was thinking you could just check if config file exists and source it for the setting.

Exactly, I was thinking you could just check if config file exists and source it for the setting.
I‘ll just grep for DEVMODE=1 if file exists.

@Ranger802004
Have your dev users force update amtm with uu then they'll get an extra D to show Dev Mode and update check is enabled in amtm:
my8xcnxxdn4.png

@Ranger802004
Have your dev users force update amtm with uu then they'll get an extra D to show Dev Mode and update check is enabled in amtm:
my8xcnxxdn4.png
Awesome. I forgot to give you path to beta but I guess you found it.

amtm 3.7 is now available

What's new

- amtm now shows the routers operation mode in the header.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the best of them all?
ep now has an option to select from three Entware servers: The primary Entware server and two mirrors. This option is not available for hopelessly outdated mipsel based routers.
Note that changing the Entware server in amtm affects all Entware (opkg) operations, no matter if run directly in the terminal or by amtm or Diversion. This is the intention of the choice.
- Fixes annoying IPSet warning when installing Skynet.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

You can now select one of three servers in amtm 3.7.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online