What's new

Diversion Diversion 5.1.2 - the Router Ad-Blocker, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't know. I was assuming with custom DNS you mean a third party DNS resolver. But you are using a Diversion service which is not custom.
Anyway, the excerpt above is the log of Diversion trying to start a separate Dnsmasq instance for the service "Exclude devices from ad-blocking" on IP 192.168.1.16 which is already in use by something else.

Are you sure this IP is not used by any of your other devices on the network?
.16 is a high number of reserved addresses as you should have set during the setup of this service in Diversion. What is the routers IP address, what is your "IP Pool Starting Address" and "IP Pool Ending Address" in LAN/DHCP Server in the routers WebUI?

This is also suspicious that your setup is completely borked or generally wrong as the main Dnsmasq instance fails to start up.
Yes, nothing out of ordinary.
Code:
dhcp-range=lan,192.168.1.32,192.168.1.254,255.255.255.0,86400s
I guess maybe pixel-serv is running somewhere?

I walk to the router, hit the power button, and then it reboots fine. The errors are similar of Diversion 5.1.0 when the dnsmasq got updated to 2.90 with 386.12_6, and that required the 5.1.1 fix. The issue appears a bit intermittent - not all the time like last time.

I guess I could try flash 386.13_2 again, so it goes to the 2nd set of partitions? I had this issue with 386.13_0, but Diversion re-install fixed that. I have daily backups, but nothing appears to have changed after I updated to 13_2.

Unrolled back to 386.13_0. Will see how it goes tomorrow during morning auto-reboot!

Tried to reformat /jffs and restore backup - no improvement.
Tried to unroll to 13_0, 12_6, etc - still same issues even though worked before!
Changed non-blocking DNS server from 192.168.1.16 to 192.168.1.17 in Diversion - seems like the issues have disappeared. Rebooted a bunch of times - seems to reboot fine, with things working.

Will continue monitoring!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!