What's new

amtm amtm 4.6 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, May 09, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tested rd, works very well. Thank you
Good to know, thanks.
I also know from testing that the code does its job of keeping the last saved date stamp practically seamless on routers running firmware as old as 380.70.
That tells you something about @RMerlin 's consistence of applying his magic to our routers :)

Awesome job! You are the developer of developers!
I mean, I take credit where it's due. But in this particular users case I'm 100% sure updating amtm did not increase the speed of a third party addon.

Good to know, thanks.
I also know from testing that the code does its job of keeping the last saved date stamp practically seamless on routers running firmware as old as 380.70.
That tells you something about @RMerlin 's consistence of applying his magic to our routers :)
I have no major problems with Merlin, only from the beginning when experimenting. 388.2_2 has been great with minimal config. Installed only what I need, and understand. And amtm makes it easier for us/those who still learning!

I have no major problems with Merlin, only from the beginning when experimenting. 388.2_2 has been great with minimal config. Installed only what I need, and understand. And amtm makes it easier for us/those who still learning!
From your signature: amtm (fd,dc,ep,sh,rd)
Nice, the essential five ;)

I updated amtm, curious to check out the rd function (I use syslog-ng for the same thing). Around that time my DNS lookups went wacky. I uninstalled unbound, which fixed the problem; then reinstalled it and so far so good. I vaguely recall this happening before with an earlier update. No idea what the interaction might have been, if any.

I updated amtm, curious to check out the rd function (I use syslog-ng for the same thing). Around that time my DNS lookups went wacky. I uninstalled unbound, which fixed the problem; then reinstalled it and so far so good. I vaguely recall this happening before with an earlier update. No idea what the interaction might have been, if any.
My verdict: Unrelated unless I’m proven wrong. Date keeper only kicks in during startup, at the earliest time possible for a script to interact. The saved date stamp is then set unless ntp has already synced.

My verdict: Unrelated unless I’m proven wrong.
Unrelated to any code changes, I'm pretty sure. But related to the process of updating, maybe. I have had problems with unbound misbehaving after entware updates and through the 388.2 alpha beta cycle of updates. Uninstalling/reinstalling fixes it--I just think unbound is a little tetchy about changes.

Unrelated to any code changes, I'm pretty sure. But related to the process of updating, maybe. I have had problems with unbound misbehaving after entware updates and through the 388.2 alpha beta cycle of updates. Uninstalling/reinstalling fixes it--I just think unbound is a little tetchy about changes.
There‘s some development on this going on. Stay tuned.
False alarm, all‘s good as it is.

Last edited:
amtm 3.8 is now available

What's new

- Router date keeper rd. Lets amtm keep the routers last date when booting or rebooting. The routers system log date entries look more consistent.
- Expanded reset r options (called remove in non-firmware amtm), option 1 was always there:
1. Reset amtm. This resets amtm and its own settings. Third party scripts are NOT affected.​
2. Reset amtm, remove scripts and Entware. This resets amtm and its own settings and removes all third party scripts, including Entware (if installed). Third party scripts WILL be removed.​
3. Remove Entware. This removes the Entware repository. Third party scripts depending on Entware may no longer work after removing.​

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.
Thanks @thelonelycoder. In this release, did OpenSpeedTest Server that @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow and @JGrana worked on get integrated?

Hold your horses, they may be other problems. I posted something earlier that in hindsight may be caused Router Date Keeper.
99% sure it's related to amtm 3.8.

Hold your horses, they may be other problems. I posted something earlier that in hindsight may be caused Router Date Keeper.
99% sure it's related to amtm 3.8.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/cannot-install-unbound-s02haveged-404-error.85978/#post-854629 👍

Last edited:
I don't know if entware haveged neeeds to be installed with unbound, RMerlin's firmware @RMerlin comes with haveged builtin. This is the question I've been wanting to ask as which one to use if you're using unbound. If they are equal maybe unbound script install should not include instaliing haveged?
Well, if you look in the git repository for that release I assume it does need to be installed. I installed Ubound before it was wiped off GIt. They're are other mirrors for it in the thread mentioned. Just stating the obvious if people now want to install it they can't. I don't know the ins and outs to why it was deleted without an answer maybe it was deleted by mistake who knows.

Well, if you look in the git repository for that release I assume it does need to be installed. I installed Ubound before it was wiped off GIt. They're are other mirrors for it in the thread mentioned. Just stating the obvious if people now want to install it they can't. I don't know the ins and outs to why it was deleted without an answer maybe it was deleted by mistake who knows.
I have edited my OP but I always thought haveged is an entware item so if there is a script to install it, it will come from entware repository? Pardon my ignorance if this is not true.