What's new

amtm amtm 4.7 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, May 12, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Welcome, this is amtm 3.7, the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts for wireless routers running Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. Starting with Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15, amtm is included in the firmware.

What's new in amtm 3.7
- amtm now shows the routers operation mode in the header.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the best of them all? ep now has an option to select from three Entware servers: The primary Entware server and two mirrors. This option is not available for hopelessly outdated mipsel based routers.
Note that changing the Entware server in amtm affects all Entware (opkg) operations, no matter if run directly in the terminal or by amtm or Diversion. This is the intention of the choice.
- Fixes annoying IPSet warning when installing Skynet.

How to update amtm
In the amtm menu, enter u to update to this latest version.
The firmware built-in and the regular amtm version receive updates at the same time.

The full version history can be found on diversion.ch

amtm start command
Code:
amtm
On firmware older than 384.15, you may have to enter the full path to amtm.
Note that the command below does not work for the firmware built in amtm.
Code:
/jffs/scripts/amtm

Install command for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware older than 384.15
Copy and paste the complete command below into your favorite SSH terminal, then press Enter.
Code:
curl -Os https://diversion.ch/amtm/amtm && sh amtm
Routers with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 384.15 and newer require no installation, amtm is included in the firmware. The firmware built in amtm adds FW next to the version.

5mLIcxE.png

amtm is hosted on the Diversion website: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

6yxkcrjmq7w.png

Is it possible that updating to AMTM 3.7 somehow rendered my Web admin GUI unreachable? Any thoughts on what to try/check?

RT-AC86u here that’s been running 386.11_0 since 15 MAY 2023. I updated AMTM to v3.7 either today or yesterday. Since the AMTM update, I’ve been unable to reach the web GUI.

Router still works.
(Typing this post from my iPhone using network WiFi.)

I’ve tried …. hard power cycling, restarting various router processes using scMerlin over SSH, force updates for AMTM/SkyNet/diversion, updating lists on SkyNet and processing lists in diversion, …..

Thank you!!

Is it possible that updating to AMTM 3.7 somehow rendered my Web admin GUI unreachable? Any thoughts on what to try/check?
No way. Try reaching the WebUI via the routers IP address, with and without https.
Or try restarting the webserver in SSH with the following and try again:
service restart_httpd

RT-AC86u here that’s been running 386.11_0 since 15 MAY 2023. I updated AMTM to v3.7 either today or yesterday. Since the AMTM update, I’ve been unable to reach the web GUI.

Router still works.
(Typing this post from my iPhone using network WiFi.)

I’ve tried …. hard power cycling, restarting various router processes using scMerlin over SSH, force updates for AMTM/SkyNet/diversion, updating lists on SkyNet and processing lists in diversion, …..

Thank you!!
I first tried at the home user level, and nothing I did worked. Here is what I had to do, I took everything back to the factory level. I performed a factory reset. I switched from using a regular old micro SD card which was in a USB adapter, to using an SSHD. All my issues went away. I was able to run amtm and all the other scripts listed in my signature without performing a service restart_httpd. None of my scripts no longer took too long or held up the cpu such that I had to do such.

Last edited:
No way. Try reaching the WebUI via the routers IP address, with and without https.
Or try restarting the webserver in SSH with the following and try again:
service restart_httpd
Thank you!! Even though I had already tried restarting httpd using scMerlin over SSH, that didn’t produce results. Meanwhile, restarting it directly in SSH + waiting longer than usual afterward seemed to do the trick.

It’s all smooth, snappy sailing now
Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you!! Even though I had already tried restarting httpd using scMerlin over SSH, that didn’t produce results. Meanwhile, restating it directly in SSH + waiting longer than usual after seemed to do the trick.

It’s all smooth, snappy sailing now
Thanks!!!!
I am glad it all worked for you. If you have any more issues feel free to come back.

amtm 3.8 is now available

What's new

- Router date keeper rd. Lets amtm keep the routers last date when booting or rebooting. The routers system log date entries look more consistent.
- Expanded reset r options (called remove in non-firmware amtm), option 1 was always there:
1. Reset amtm. This resets amtm and its own settings. Third party scripts are NOT affected.​
2. Reset amtm, remove scripts and Entware. This resets amtm and its own settings and removes all third party scripts, including Entware (if installed). Third party scripts WILL be removed.​
3. Remove Entware. This removes the Entware repository. Third party scripts depending on Entware may no longer work after removing.​

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

What's new

- Router date keeper rd. Lets amtm keep the routers last date when booting or rebooting. The routers system log date entries look more consistent.
- Expanded reset r options (called remove in non-firmware amtm), option 1 was always there:
1. Reset amtm. This resets amtm and its own settings. Third party scripts are NOT affected.​
2. Reset amtm, remove scripts and Entware. This resets amtm and its own settings and removes all third party scripts, including Entware (if installed). Third party scripts WILL be removed.​
3. Remove Entware. This removes the Entware repository. Third party scripts depending on Entware may no longer work after removing.​

How to update amtm
Glad to see the new "Nerd mode", I heartily approve and count myself in.🤣

Glad to see the new "Nerd mode", I heartily approve and count myself in.🤣
I had the date keeper idea a long time ago - and eventually forgot all about it. A recent post complaining about the default date entries in the syslog mixed in with the correct dates reminded me of that feature idea. And now it is available for all.
It‘s nerdy all right.

Updated from 3.7 - no issues. Nerd mode sold it for me 😎

I had the date keeper idea a long time ago - and eventually forgot all about it. A recent post complaining about the default date entries in the syslog mixed in with the correct dates reminded me of that feature idea. And now it is available for all.
It‘s nerdy all right.
I wonder what other ideas you forgot about! We need to keep you busy so you remember!

I wonder what other ideas you forgot about! We need to keep you busy so you remember!
At the time I thought it‘s a ridiculous idea and the solution I came up with was sketchy. So I tossed it in favor of continuing rewriting AB-Solution - that materialized as the release of Diversion 4.0 on August 24 2018.

At the time I thought it‘s a ridiculous idea and the solution I came up with was sketchy. So I tossed it in favor of continuing rewriting AB-Solution - that materialized as the release of Diversion 4.0 on August 24 2018.
I'm absolutely floored that we are approaching the 5 year mark for Diversion, it seems like only yesterday that I was using and eagerly following the development of AB-Solution.

Oh yeah... now I remember that the pandemic completely skewed my (or perhaps our?) sense of time.

Updated, thank you! Noticed that
Code:
unbound_manager advanced
loads faster than before 🤷🏻‍♂️

What's new

How to update amtm

I very much appreciate your work. I love the diverse expertise in this niche culture. I've learned so much and look forward to new developments!

I appreciate your continued support ....thank you again!!! Coffee $ coming your way!