What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.2 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, May 02, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Script update notification mod:
After a router reboot, the Cron job is generated that way, which obviously doesn't run:
10 7 * * Sun /bin/sh /sc_update.mod -run #amtm_ScriptsUpdateNotification#
However, when manually removing/reinstalling the mod, it is generated correctly:
10 7 * * Sun /bin/sh /jffs/addons/amtm/sc_update.mod -run #amtm_ScriptsUpdateNotification#

Script update notification mod:
After a router reboot, the Cron job is generated that way, which obviously doesn't run:

However, when manually removing/reinstalling the mod, it is generated correctly:
Thanks for reporting.

amtm 4.3 is now available

What's new

- Adds support for 8 MerlinAU - The Ultimate Firmware Auto-Updater by @ExtremeFiretop, with major contribution from @Martinski. Welcome to amtm! See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/i...e-ultimate-firmware-auto-updater-addon.88577/
- Adds support for vp VPNMON-R3 - Monitor WAN/Dual-WAN/VPN Health & Reset Multiple VPN Connections by @Viktor Jaep. See https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin-addons.60/?prefix_id=36
Also, thanks to orionstar on GitHub for being such a good sport and make your own version of the *.mod file!
- Sunsetts VPNMON-R2 (command is now vp2) by @Viktor Jaep, it can no longer be installed through amtm.
- amtm feels and is faster in building the list of installed scripts, notably on older routers.
- Added extra check for entware folder deletion when removing Entware.
- Removes support for pixelserv-tls "pixelserv-tls CA for WebUI" feature, one can still run the command manually by entering the following into the SSH terminal: sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://diversion.ch/scripts/config-webgui.sh)"
- The dc Disk check is now run directly by the disk_check.mod file instead of a separate file.
- Reworked check if email settings are complete.
- Correctly adds sc scripts update notification cron job when (re)booting. Thanks to @maghuro for reporting.
- Now returns exact Asuswrt-Merlin firmware version number in header. Thanks to @Martinski (Martinski4GitHub on GitHub) for being persistent.
- Revamped the header content and added static current router timestamp.
- Now hides already installed scripts in the i available scripts screen for brevity.
- Does no longer remove empty lines in /jffs/scripts files. Thanks to Max33Verstappen on Github for being persistent.
- Rearranged amtm options for brevity.
- Replaced many multi-line echo commands with printf.

Use u to update to this latest version.

myd5cjv2qx4.png

Last edited:
amtm 4.3 is now available

What's new

- Adds support for 8 MerlinAU - The Ultimate Firmware Auto-Updater by @ExtremeFiretop, with major contribution from @Martinski. Welcome to amtm! See https://www.snbforums.com/threads/i...e-ultimate-firmware-auto-updater-addon.88577/
- Adds support for vp VPNMON-R3 - Monitor WAN/Dual-WAN/VPN Health & Reset Multiple VPN Connections by @Viktor Jaep. See https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin-addons.60/?prefix_id=36
Also, thanks to orionstar on GitHub for being such a good sport and make your own version of the *.mod file!
- Sunsetts VPNMON-R2 (command is now vp2) by @Viktor Jaep, it can no longer be installed through amtm.
- amtm feels and is faster in building the list of installed scripts, notably on older routers.
- Added extra check for entware folder deletion when removing Entware.
- Removes support for pixelserv-tls "pixelserv-tls CA for WebUI" feature, one can still run the command manually by entering the following into the SSH terminal: sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://diversion.ch/scripts/config-webgui.sh)"
- The dc Disk check is now run directly by the disk_check.mod file instead of a separate file.
- Reworked check if email settings are complete.
- Correctly adds sc scripts update notification cron job when (re)booting. Thanks to @maghuro for reporting.
- Now returns exact Asuswrt-Merlin firmware version number in header. Thanks to @Martinski (Martinski4GitHub on GitHub) for being persistent.
- Revamped the header content and added static current router timestamp.
- Now hides already installed scripts in the i available scripts screen for brevity.
- Does no longer remove empty lines in /jffs/scripts files. Thanks to Max33Verstappen on Github for being persistent.
- Rearranged amtm options for brevity.
- Replaced many multi-line echo commands with printf.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Thanks for the major update. I appreciate your continued support.

Anyone know what would be the process to request CAKEQOS-MERLIN v2.1.2 add-on script be added to amtm?

Last edited:
Updated... So far so good.

View attachment 56171

Thanks @thelonelycoder !
I was wondering why it says "setup" email settings in your screen if amtm deems it installed. It should say "open" instead.
I had to smile at my own "cover almost every possible outcome" mentality.
You have not set your password yet, that's why.

I just updated and I find a couple of errors.

One error is related to an old script that stopped being supported by amtm, nsrum.

I tried to removed this old script but I didn’t find the proper method.

The error is “! Module nsrum.mod is not an amtm file.”

The second error refers to “! using fallback server diversion.ch” and I don’t know what exactly means or how to solve it, because I didn’t find this option under the diversion settings.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.png
    IMG_0348.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0349.png
    IMG_0349.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
I just updated and I find a couple of errors.

One error is related to an old script that stopped being supported by amtm, nsrum.

I tried to removed this old script but I didn’t find the proper method.

The error is “! Module nsrum.mod is not an amtm file.”

The second error refers to “! using fallback server diversion.ch” and I don’t know what exactly means or how to solve it, because I didn’t find this option under the diversion settings.
Enter uu into amtm, it will remove it.

I was wondering why it says "setup" email settings in your screen if amtm deems it installed. It should say "open" instead.
I had to smile at my own "cover almost every possible outcome" mentality.
You have not set your password yet, that's why.
Yep...

I was running VPMON-R3 latest version and after updating AMTM the option now shows in AMTM but I can't get it to run VPMON from AMTM.

Still have to exit AMTM and start VPMON-R3 with "sh /jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r3.sh" at command line. Tried updating entware dependencies and still won't start.

I was running VPMON-R3 latest version and after updating AMTM the option now shows in AMTM but I can't get it to run VPMON from AMTM.

Still have to exit AMTM and start VPMON-R3 with "sh /jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r3.sh" at command line. Tried updating entware dependencies and still won't start.
I see, your v3 was manually installed. Let me get a fix out. Won’t take long.

There, that should fix someone else's blunder.
Use uu to force update amtm.

An amtm update is available, no version change.

What's fixed?
- Fixes VPMON-R3 not starting in amtm when it was manually installed before amtm supported it.

Use u to update

Smooth update 4.2 -> 4.3 - thank you!
1706979228421.png

An amtm update is available, no version change.

What's fixed?
- Fixes VPMON-R3 not starting in amtm when it was manually installed before amtm supported it.

Use u to update
Thanks. The change in amtm now lets VPMON-R3 start from within amtm when it had previously been installed manually.

Showing available scripts (i) is quite snappy now!

We might have discussed this in the past - @thelonelycoder since the email function in terms of setup works so well in AMTM, it would be nice to have some callable script to send an email.

Something like:

amtmail foo@bar.com "This is a test subject line" afiletosend

I just had a weird thing happen - nearly all of my cronjobs disappeared.

I posted another thread about it, but right after posting I realised one change I made was to update amtm earlier today.

It's never happened before - could there be any connection?

The other thread is here...

Showing available scripts (i) is quite snappy now!

We might have discussed this in the past - @thelonelycoder since the email function in terms of setup works so well in AMTM, it would be nice to have some callable script to send an email.

Something like:

amtmail foo@bar.com "This is a test subject line" afiletosend
That’s exactly what I pondered to do about two or so years ago. Time to revisit that idea.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!