What's new

amtm Amtm ssh not responsive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andrea_Berzi

New Around Here
Hi All,
i have a problem with amtm, the ssh is not responsive and it gives me this back after a long time

Code:
 amtm 3.2.0 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AC88U (armv7l) FW-386.3 @ 192.168.1.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

Bus error

what can i do to solve?
Thank you

Never seen this error. Reboot the router and try again.

i have already tried to reboot but it is the same.
until some time ago it was sometimes slow to print the lines, now it just doesn't work.
how do i uninstall all plugins and reinstall amtm?

For the curious:
In computing, a bus error is a fault raised by hardware, notifying an operating system (OS) that a process is trying to access memory that the CPU cannot physically address: an invalid address for the address bus, hence the name.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_error

Seems like bad USB or bad router. If you can get into the WebUI there's a format JFFS option under Administration -> System, page /Advanced_System_Content.asp

I'd pull the drive and reformat in another computer. Maybe do a block check with something like h2testw to make sure it's a healthy stick. If not, get a new one.

Then plug it back in and see if you can get AMTM going again, using the step by step if necessary.

I had a bad USB drag my router's performance down by about 98%, so don't underestimate what waiting for bad USB storage will do. Maybe your bus error is a timeout where there shouldn't be one, or maybe you do have something going wrong with the router internals. I'm sure you'll find out which one it is, very soon.

Hi,
finally i solved by formatting the jffs partition and also formatting the usb and reinstalled everything manually, i don't know exactly if it was jffs or usb problem.
Thank you

Checking amtm script this morning and encounter the same thing - "Bus error".
I am going to format the usb drive and reinstall everything but I thought to post it here in case someone wants to look into it. I t might be just a bad USB drive but I tried to reset amtm and this is what I get in return:

Initializing amtm for first run
- Created /jffs/addons/amtm directory

Getting from fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
! Module amtm.mod is not an amtm file
! using fallback server diversion.ch
! Module amtm.mod is not an amtm file

All download attempts failed,
exiting amtm now.

Check that both domains properly resolve
on this router:
- fwupdate.asuswrt-merlin.net
- diversion.ch

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!