What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am probably in the minority but why use the led feature? Are they that bright in a dark room?

Edit: I hide mine behind a picture frame so I don't see them.

In fact the flashing LEDs are disturbing not light itself especially at night. I keep them off all the time.

People that sleep with their routers in the same room, probably.

This is exactly my case :)

Last edited:
Speaking about new features - i would like (but i can live without) to see amtm being able to set time for LEDs on and off and pass it to crontab. Also displays currently configured LED on/off time if set up.
I should have mentioned you were the one that suggested the LED scheduler function. Sorry about that, I edited the release post.

Who are we to judge? What happens between a router and it’s master behind closed doors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be an orgy, I have six routers. We’d have a lot of - ahem - talk.

It would be an orgy, I have six routers. We’d have a lot of - ahem - talk.

Look at introverted Mr [mention]thelonelycoder [/mention] being all router-poly. [emoji57]
And the Swiss and their privacy...[emoji15]
It’s always the quiet ones that surprise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amtm 3.1.7 is now available

What's new
- NEW: Added LED control lc, a smart router LED scheduler. Thanks to @pirx73 for suggesting it.
- NEW: Update check u result is preserved until scripts are updated.
- NEW: Additional theme solarized to choose from. Thanks @Stuart MacDonald for the code.
Note: This new theme is not immediately available for the firmware version after a reset.
- CHANGED: Added extra wording when u is run for third-party update procedure.
- CHANGED: Added timestamp to u when everything's up to date.
- UPDATED: Added option to use an updated model list for the pixelserv-tls ps https WebUI helper script

Note: If you have Diversion installed, update it now for compatibility, the order does not matter.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot with preserved u update check, Entware has three package updates available.

dmy8xco824l.png

Great work @thelonelycoder! Thank you!

Reactions: a5m
amtm 3.1.7 is now available

What's new
- NEW: Added LED control lc, a smart router LED scheduler. Thanks to @pirx73 for suggesting it.
- NEW: Update check u result is preserved until scripts are updated.
- NEW: Additional theme solarized to choose from. Thanks @Stuart MacDonald for the code.
Note: This new theme is not immediately available for the firmware version after a reset.
- CHANGED: Added extra wording when u is run for third-party update procedure.
- CHANGED: Added timestamp to u when everything's up to date.
- UPDATED: Added option to use an updated model list for the pixelserv-tls ps https WebUI helper script

Note: If you have Diversion installed, update it now for compatibility, the order does not matter.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot with preserved u update check, Entware has three package updates available.

dmy8xco824l.png

Hi thelonelycoder,
Just want to say big thank you for your handiwork on amtm & diversion. I am no more technical after my retirement some time ago, however, with these tools I used it to manage ASUS AiMesh for my home and my childrens home. Excellent user experience and pretty idiot proof :), thanks to RMerlin too.

PS: It will be nice if LED Control could be extended from Router to AiMesh Nodes; for our cases it happened to be blinking in the bedroom:(. Thanks for considering:)

To answer question about necessity of turning router LEDs off for a night - if someone sleeps or watches movies in the same room where router is, flashing LEDs are distracting.
Would be nice option to keep only power LED on to indicate that router is alive, but i understand that LED control is not that granular, it is binary - all ON or all OFF.
Even in the day, some people might not like flashing LEDs, like in shop or in some other public place. Of course for perma-OFF there is a web gui option.
If it is not distracting for you - you can always ignore this feature.
And since it is a WIRELESS router, you can't just stash it into some closet or under the table to hide flashing LEDs. Or even buy a metallic hardware rack closet and put router in there like some people do :)
I can add that even high-end APs from Cisco, HP/Aruba, Ubiquity etc have "silent mode" with LEDs off - for concert halls and cinemas, where LEDs can also be distracting.
As i said - i was perfectly happy with existing solution from Merlin, but since @thelonelycoder asked for ideas, i offered it.

I only bought the RT-AC68U because its got ten pretty little blue lights all in a row.
The newer routers have white LEDs and not so bright and distracting as the blue ones are.
Also, there are only 8 at the front/top, the Network cable sockets have their own LEDs in the back and are switched off along with the front LEDs.

I installed the LED Control on my AiMesh node 1900P. It is in our guest bedroom on top of a book case along with a small UPS. I already covered the power light on the UPS and would just push the LED button on the 68U to turn off the lights if we had guests. I have now setup a schedule to turn the LEDs off between 8PM and 7AM using this new script. Thanks for all the hard work!

ASUS routers need RGB, everything's better with RGB, Linus Sebastian said so :D

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!