What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can no longer update: /

What can I do?

Screenshot_20200429_161953_com.sonelli.juicessh.jpg

Possible issue with the format disk (fd) option.

Yesterday, I used the format disk (fd) to wipe my USB and create 3 new partitions. Each partition accepted the name I entered except for the 3rd partition. No matter what I typed, it was labeled as sda3 after the reboot. I tried several times with the same result. I resolved by plugging the USB into my Win 10 computer and used the minitool partition wizard client to rename the partition.
I see there's an issue, it may not be related to your case, but maybe it will once I track down the cause of the error I'm seeing under certain circumstances.

From what I can tell at the moment is that when creating three partitions on a device, make sure this is the only device plugged in.
Heed the warning given that unrelated devices (really) should be unplugged before running fd.

I see there's an issue, it may not be related to your case, but maybe it will once I track down the cause of the error I'm seeing under certain circumstances.

From what I can tell at the moment is that when creating three partitions on a device, make sure this is the only device plugged in.
Heed the warning given that unrelated devices (really) should be unplugged before running fd.
I had forgotten about this one. It was plugged into the USB 2.0 port on the back of the router if that matters. No other devices are attached. It was the only USB I had plugged into the device. But let me know if you need additional info.

Last edited:
Your problem, you can't have it all :p
Not sure if the amtm thread or Diversion would be better to inquire, but this was a topic a few pages back.

I recently jumped onto the Unbound bandwagon and have enabled the integrated Ad Block capabilities in unbound_manager, which suggests not running along with Diversion. Is there a consensus as to whether they have the same efficacy or, as the topic regarding NextDNS would suggest, does Diversion go further warranting reconsideration?

I also ask as this goes along with the discussion of whether amtm is the right place for update notification and emailing, which would make sense if Diversion isn't being used. I am not sure if loading Diversion and disabling would allow for the function to still work, but if not, that puts a dependency on it being loaded and enabled for use. Just giving food for thought.

Not sure if the amtm thread or Diversion would be better to inquire, but this was a topic a few pages back.
I’m fine with that.
I recently jumped onto the Unbound bandwagon and have enabled the integrated Ad Block capabilities in unbound_manager, which suggests not running along with Diversion. Is there a consensus as to whether they have the same efficacy or, as the topic regarding NextDNS would suggest, does Diversion go further warranting reconsideration?
Diversion is free and will always be. And it is the best and most sophisticated ad-blocker you can install on Asuswrt-Merlin. I’m not exaggerating.
But then, what works for me and many others may not be the best solution for you.
I refrain from getting involved in discussions about that topic. I do what I do - and I do it well and consistent.
I also ask as this goes along with the discussion of whether amtm is the right place for update notification and emailing, which would make sense if Diversion isn't being used. I am not sure if loading Diversion and disabling would allow for the function to still work, but if not, that puts a dependency on it being loaded and enabled for use. Just giving food for thought.
Noted.

amtm 3.1.7 is now available

What's new
- NEW: Added LED control lc, a smart router LED scheduler. Thanks to @pirx73 for suggesting it.
- NEW: Update check u result is preserved until scripts are updated.
- NEW: Additional theme solarized to choose from. Thanks @Stuart MacDonald for the code.
Note: This new theme is not immediately available for the firmware version after a reset.
- CHANGED: Added extra wording when u is run for third-party update procedure.
- CHANGED: Added timestamp to u when everything's up to date.
- UPDATED: Added option to use an updated model list for the pixelserv-tls ps https WebUI helper script

Note: If you have Diversion installed, update it now for compatibility, the order does not matter.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot with preserved u update check, Entware has three package updates available.

dmy8xco824l.png

Last edited:
Stop making it so easy and fast! don't you realize I'm BORED over here? ;-p
A lot of work went into the LED control function. I rewrote it three times until I was happy with the result.
So, at least I was not bored while the lockdown lasts ;)

Stop making it so easy and fast! don't you realize I'm BORED over here? ;-p
Also, the u update preserve function came to me while working on the led code. I thought that should be a simple hack.
I was so wrong about that too.
It’s always the details, and I’m picky about them.

The new LED control is built with enhanced code from https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/Scheduled-LED-control
So thanks @RMerlin for the excellent starting point.
In the spirit of that original code, the LEDs can be controlled trough the terminal. Enter this to see the options, the -set switch reads from the settings file set trough amtm.
Code:
/jffs/addons/amtm/ledcontrol -help

One question - if i have LED control set up "old way" meaning ledson and ledsoff scripts in crontab list, will amtm take that into account or is it better to remove them from crontab list before upgrade?

One question - if i have LED control set up "old way" meaning ledson and ledsoff scripts in crontab list, will amtm take that into account or is it better to remove them from crontab list before upgrade?
amtm checks for those manual entries in the usual places and will abort if found. You'll have to remove them yourself first.

Thanks! No problem removing them.

I am probably in the minority but why use the led feature? Are they that bright in a dark room?

Edit: I hide mine behind a picture frame so I don't see them.

I am probably in the minority but why use the led feature? Are they that bright in a dark room?

Edit: I hide mine behind a picture frame so I don't see them.
People that sleep with their routers in the same room, probably.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!