What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blinkenlights...that’s what my script idea should be called! I hope there’s a menu slot reserved for it in amtm!!

Seriously: we all need more action in our lives when we start daydreaming about our routers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bl

- UPDATED: Added option to use an updated model list for the pixelserv-tls ps https WebUI helper script
I tried this for the first time and it appears it only adds a cert for router.asus.com. I am a creature of habit and prefer to use my router IP address. Would it be possible to enhance the script to create a cert based on router IP as well (or instead)?

Also, it looks like the default port is 8443, is there any reason not to use the default 443?

Thanks!

I tried this for the first time and it appears it only adds a cert for router.asus.com. I am a creature of habit and prefer to use my router IP address. Would it be possible to enhance the script to create a cert based on router IP as well (or instead)?

Also, it looks like the default port is 8443, is there any reason not to use the default 443?

Thanks!
Domain certificate by definition only work for domains. There is nothing else to discuss about.

Thanks!

Well if you still want to do that then do it manually using Pixelserv-tls CLI.

Use this command:

echo -n "192.168.1.1" > /tmp/pixelcerts

Step 2. Find the certificate file named "192.168.1.1" inside /opt/var/cache/pixelserv.

Step 3. Use a text editor to split the file from Step 2.

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save into /jffs/cert.pem

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[snipped]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

extract (including BEGIN/END lines) and save into /jffs/key.pem

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
[snipped]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

Step 4. Use the generated certificate and key for your WebUI.

Also you can change the port to 443, there's no restrictions in doing that. You just have to change your AiCloud port to something else in AiCloud settings since it uses 443 by default.

Well if you still want to do that then do it manually using Pixelserv-tls CLI.
Cool, thanks!

As for "domain" certificates not including IP, I found the following snippet:
Code:
openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:4096 -sha256 -days 3650 -nodes \
  -keyout example.key -out example.crt -subj "/CN=example.com" \
  -addext "subjectAltName=DNS:example.com,DNS:example.net,IP:10.0.0.1"

It creates a certificate that is valid for the domains example.com and example.net (SAN), and also valid for the IP address 10.0.0.1 (SAN), so it could all be in one cert. No big deal though, I will create one as described above.

Domain certificate by definition only work for domains.
Well, it seems like at least one provider allows IP addresses in SSL certificates under very strict restrictions (and thus not for your router):

https://www.geocerts.com/support/ip-address-in-ssl-certificate

Another provider allows IP addresses as alternative names in SSL certifcates:

https://www.digicert.com/subject-alternative-name.htm

I think I used this to add 192.168.1.1 to my self-signed certificates (but I use Lets Encrypt certificates for a personal domains now).

I think it would be ambitious if AMTM could use the Pixelserv CA to sign the cert as created by /use/sbin/gencert.sh. Multiple SANs but signed by a CA already trusted.
Indeed, that's really stretching my patience with that thing.

Is it just me, and things settling in since I switched on the YouTube option, or does anyone else’s network/connection seem less...fluid? Mine seems jittery, like when I’ve had too much coffee. Just a bit, mind you, but I can definitely see it.

Is it just me, and things settling in since I switched on the YouTube option, or does anyone else’s network/connection seem less...fluid? Mine seems jittery, like when I’ve had too much coffee. Just a bit, mind you, but I can definitely see it.
It wouldn't hurt to post this in the Diversion thread. :p

It wouldn't hurt to post this in the Diversion thread. :p

Apologies! I was distracted when mis-posting to the wrong thread!!! It IS Monday, after all ;)

I am rectifying my mistake:
Thanks to @Stuart MacDonald for terrific solarized amtm theme!

@thelonelycoder
Enabling LED control disables my wifi time schedule.
Schedule seems OK in FW but doesn't work anymore.
Disabling LED control wifi schedule works again.

amtm 3.1.7 is now available

What's new
- NEW: Added LED control lc, a smart router LED scheduler. Thanks to @pirx73 for suggesting it.
- NEW: Update check u result is preserved until scripts are updated.
- NEW: Additional theme solarized to choose from. Thanks @Stuart MacDonald for the code.
Note: This new theme is not immediately available for the firmware version after a reset.
- CHANGED: Added extra wording when u is run for third-party update procedure.
- CHANGED: Added timestamp to u when everything's up to date.
- UPDATED: Added option to use an updated model list for the pixelserv-tls ps https WebUI helper script

Note: If you have Diversion installed, update it now for compatibility, the order does not matter.

Use u to update to this latest version.

Screenshot with preserved u update check, Entware has three package updates available.

dmy8xco824l.png
Something went wrong with me:
I have amtm 3.1.7 FW by thelonelycoder but I cannot see the above Terminal Menu.
I have only:

j5 open uiDivStatus
dc manage Disk ...
fd run Format disk
i show all available scripts or tools
u check for scripts update

Also I cannot anymore manage Diversion that seems to be not running ....

Surely I miss a vasic step but ... could you kindly explain me how to restore your interface ?

Thanks

Something went wrong with me:
I have amtm 3.1.7 FW by thelonelycoder but I cannot see the above Terminal Menu.
I have only:

j5 open uiDivStatus
dc manage Disk ...
fd run Format disk
i show all available scripts or tools
u check for scripts update

Also I cannot anymore manage Diversion that seems to be not running ....

Surely I miss a vasic step but ... could you kindly explain me how to restore your interface ?

Thanks
Is your usb drive unmounted by chance?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!