What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@QuikSilver, you're probably right, but I also have great faith in @thelonelycoder's coding skills and I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to. :)

If it is possible, amtm should download, unzip and double-check the MD5 256 hash value of the extracted .w or .trx file, then 'safely remove' the USB drives (all attached) and then flash the selected firmware. :)

(amtm doesn't need the USB drive or Entware installed to work, but it may put more strain on the JFFS partition with these additional writes to temporarily store the firmware to). :)

If it is possible, amtm should download, unzip and double-check the MD5 256 hash value of the extracted .w or .trx file, then 'safely remove' the USB drives (all attached) and then flash the selected firmware. :)
This would violate Merlin’s Prime Directive of not auto updating firmware.

@QuikSilver, you're probably right, but I also have great faith in @thelonelycoder's coding skills and I'm sure he could do it if he wanted to. :)

(amtm doesn't need the USB drive or Entware installed to work, but it may put more strain on the JFFS partition with these additional writes to temporarily store the firmware to). :)

This would violate Merlin’s Prime Directive of not auto updating firmware.
Well let's not get hasty, lest the Double Prime Directive gets invoked. o_O

I agree, as I would not want this process automated like that. I would rather be in control step by step.

One more vote for No auto firmware updates even though I know it's possible from a CLI.

But a firmware update check within AMTM is not bad, like when we press "u" AMTM compares the router's installed firmware with current latest released firmware and tell us if a new version is available or not.

And one other feature I would like is email notifications of updates where AMTM checks all our installed scripts once per day and email us if it found any updates are available with the detail of what scripts have them.

Last edited:
I agree with the three posts above. But just to be clear, it wouldn't auto-update, it would be a fully automated update, when initiated (yes, there is a difference), ala thelonelycoder style. :)

I agree with the three posts above. But just to be clear, it wouldn't auto-update, it would be a fully automated update, when initiated (yes, there is a difference), ala thelonelycoder style. :)
I still would not want something handed to me and told it was okay because it passed a few md5 checks. md5 can be manipulated. I am not questioning thelonelycoder, i am question the road in between.

An MD5 hash can only determine whether a file was corrupted. It does not validate the authenticity of that file - you need RSA signing for that.

Probably the wrong time to bring this up, but have you ever thought about a router update option? That would make amtm a one stop shop. I usually check amtm every few days for updates, and if it would show alphas, betas, and regular Merlin updates for the given router, it would save a little time. Thanks for all your work. You and Merlin are taking Asus routers to a different level.
The thing is, when amtm gets it's WebUI, people will expect one can update everything from there. At the moment, that is only possible for a limited number of scripts.

I'm trying to provide nice hooks so that certain scripts can invoke update checks etc :)
The update check is built into amtm in a standardized way, I don't need hooks.

How can I resolve this error?
I know, this is not amtm related.
Enter option ep

Entware package options

1. Update and upgrade Entware packages
2. Show installed Scripts and Entware packages

Enter selection [1-2 e=Exit] 1

This updates and upgrades Entware packages

Continue? [1=Yes e=Exit] 1

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware
Collected errors:
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/libunbound-light.list: No such file or directory.

Enter option ep

Entware package options

Collected errors:
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/libunbound-light.list: No such file or directory.
I believe the reason is there's an extra forward slash somewhere in the libunbound-light files path. This could be an Entware bug.
At the moment I have no router with unbound installed so I cannot check for that extra / myself.

Enter option ep

Entware package options

Collected errors:

I have a problem with "Collected errors" too. And I have described the case in these messages (links below) in Diversion thread because it originally affected the functionality of Diversion as well. Sorry for cross posting.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-333#post-593967
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-333#post-594064

My Collected error lines look like this:

Code:
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/procps-~g-tkill.list: No such file or directory.
 * pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/$opkg.list: No such file or directory.

I have absolutely no glue what to do to fix this.

@Diamond67 very similar to a curve Entware installation when installing Diversion.

w/o diversion work fine
ent.jpg

Last edited:
@Diamond67 very similar to a curve Entware installation when installing Diversion
Actually, I am not absolutely sure what you mean with your message. But anyway, my Entware usb flash drive happened to die a few days ago and because of that I started from (almost) scratch by installing Diversion to another usb flash drive. And by my previous "almost" I mean that during the re-install of Diversion I restored Diversion backup as suggested.

edit: OK, just noticed that you attached a pic. Didn't see it earlier. I am a bit busy right now and gotta go, but I'll check the pic later.

Good afternoon,
Founf 7 update for entware packages (ep update and upgrade - doesn't update them to latest version). What is wrong?
RT-AC5300 Latest release 384.17 Merlin

Good afternoon,
Founf 7 update for entware packages (ep update and upgrade - doesn't update them to latest version). What is wrong?
RT-AC5300 Latest release 384.17 Merlin

The server with the entware files crashed. Try again in a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!