What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@nzwayne and @Diamond67 the lonely v's and update errors appear to come from @RMerlin 's server as the firmware amtm gets routed through his cdn (content delivery network) but ultimately land on the diversion.ch server anyway.

I've pushed an amtm update, no version change

- CHANGED: Adjustments in preparation for an upcoming third party script update ;)

Use u to update to this latest version.

will updating my 86u with the Merlin 384.18 release take care of this amtm update for me?

will updating my 86u with the Merlin 384.18 release take care of this amtm update for me?
No, the firmware baked in amtm only comes with the barebone file that receives - hopefully - no further updates. All the bells and whistles are in the .mod files that the barebone amtm downloads upon first run (initializing amtm).
Hence, I am able to update firmware amtm versions from current Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18_beta back to the first release in 384.15.

No, the firmware baked in amtm only comes with the barebone file that receives - hopefully - no further updates. All the bells and whistles are in the .mod files that the barebone amtm downloads upon first run (initializing amtm).
Hence, I am able to update firmware amtm versions from current Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18_beta back to the first release in 384.15.
thank you...off to the terminal I go...

thank you...off to the terminal I go...
/Begin of some insights/
That barebone amtm file has no version number itself, only a revision number that tells which barebone supplemental file needs to be loaded to add the changed functions. Since about 384.16 no further updates were made to the barebone file. Which means only older firmware than .16 would pull an extra revision file from my server.
/End of insights/

push - r (reset) and reinstall Disk check script, LED control...
Diversion, Skynet and others remain operational
The reset did not eliminate the duplication of the x3mRouting menu item...

The duplicate entry is still there after the last amtm update (and forced update.)
push - r (reset) and reinstall Disk check script, LED control...
Diversion, Skynet and others remain operational
Thank you for the good intentions!

The duplicate menu is still there.
Relax: The duplicate entries do no harm and remain until a certain script gets its next version released and I can get a proper fix out.

- FIX: Double showing of x3mRouting install option in i screen. Thanks @Jack Yaz for reporting.

I just thought I missed something since the fix was out for the double menu item :).
Otherwise, totally relaxed and whenever the fix will be out it'll be just another success story...

@nzwayne, no such issues with my RT-AX88U. Maybe a USB drive going south on you?
SShhhh...no bad thoughts!! :eek: USB drives not the most reliable, long lasting, electronic units on this planet. I've been using Patriot of late. Work with an engineering group, that ship hundreds per week to be used in challenging environments. Note to self; get RAS details from the group, as L&LD has seen a bad omen.

@nzwayne, no such issues with my RT-AX88U. Maybe a USB drive going south on you?
This almost OCD fixation with USB drive performance is funny. Perhaps I'm missing something, and our routers with scripts really do produce enormous workloads on our USB sticks. My simple experience over 30 years of using PCs is that I've had only 1 USB stick outright fail on me. All the while, I've transferred literally gigabytes of data between USB sticks and computers without any noticeable issue.

Having said that, a recent upgraded SanDisk stick did allow me to use uiDivStats without overloading my router's CPU, a script that was not working for me until I used the new USB drive. Perhaps these scripts do pose unnatural stresses to our USB drives?

Anton

Here is what i am seeing
Screenshot_20200629-224742103.jpg

- FIXED the FIX: Double showing of x3mRouting in screens. Thanks all for reporting.

Note that when x3mRouting gets its update released and you have the current stable version x3mRouting v1.0.4 installed, the u screen will show no version number or show an error. Follow instructions given in the third party's thread of how to update.

Last edited:
This almost OCD fixation with USB drive performance is funny. Perhaps I'm missing something, and our routers with scripts really do produce enormous workloads on our USB sticks. My simple experience over 30 years of using PCs is that I've had only 1 USB stick outright fail on me. All the while, I've transferred literally gigabytes of data between USB sticks and computers without any noticeable issue.

Having said that, a recent upgraded SanDisk stick did allow me to use uiDivStats without overloading my router's CPU, a script that was not working for me until I used the new USB drive. Perhaps these scripts do pose unnatural stresses to our USB drives?

Anton

This "OCD" is *completely* justified, because I spent almost 5 days testing all of my (old) USB sticks for performance on Asuswrt Routers. Most were acquired between 2010 and 2014, except for a single USB 3.0 128GB Sandisk that I acquired in 2018.

Ultimately, only the new Sandisk performed well enough to handle uiDivStats without issue. I also confirmed these performance issues using the IOZONE benchmark tool; the WRITE speed on all the older USB 2.0 sticks was particularly horrible, only the new Sandisk had a half-decent write speed.

Honestly, your anecdotal experience doesn't count for much because you were probably using your USB sticks on Windows, and we don't know how the Linux kernels/USB drivers on these Asus routers is handling these USB sticks...

I completely agree. That is what I found too. Everything was working fine and dandy until I uiDivStats was updated to v2. That was the straw that broke the camels back in regards to my existing USB 3.0 stick read/write speeds.

Speed tests comparing my old and new USB sticks was like night and day. Even though the old stick was Kingston, which I thought was a ‘good’ make.

This is why i dropped using USB sticks and now using a SSD for it which has much high quality memory.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!