What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Preview of the coming LED feature.
Also, this is a test of a new image hoster, let me know if the image is not shown.

o3yrgcq2p4z.png
Very nice! :)

Ah, come again?

It as a lame attempt at a joke in response to this post...

cmkelley

I do the same. I copy the jffs folder to my USB SSD daily, which then gets backed up (the entire USB SSD, so entware, etc. as well) to an external spinning rust disk (okay, two of them in a mirror), using rsnapshot. I can go back a year to find a file since rsnapshot makes extensive use of hard links to only store a file in a given state once. And I also rotate through all the shares through the week and back them up to B2 with rsync. :)

Y'alls OCD ain't got nothing on me.

I'll stick to my day job... ;)

Perfect, Mr. Lonely!
The Lonely Coder = Mr. Lonely. A joke?

No joke @maghuro ... I assume you spotted the link in my middle post above and took the trip to the YouTube song.
"Mr. Lonely" is a beautiful melody sung by Bobby Vinton back in 1962 - one of my personal favourites.
That said - the song is nowhere near as beautiful as the artwork woven into amtm / Diversion by the coder you were referring to.

No joke @maghuro ... I assume you spotted the link in my middle post above and took the trip to the YouTube song.
"Mr. Lonely" is a beautiful melody sung by Bobby Vinton back in 1962 - one of my personal favourites.
That said - the song is nowhere near as beautiful as the artwork woven into amtm / Diversion by the coder you were referring to.
In fact I was thinking about Akon himself :) although I prefer so much the one you spotted :)

I hadnt in fact see your link!

Then there should be a hall of fame for that kind of artwork ;)

Then there should be a hall of fame for that kind of artwork ;)

Ah ,,, but there is a "hall of fame" ... right here in SNBForums ... and you be second only to RMerlin on the "likes" count ... :) ... {Thumbs-Up}

thelonelycoder.JPG

Ah ,,, but there is a "hall of fame" ... right here in SNBForums ... and you be second only to RMerlin on the "likes" count ... :) ... {Thumbs-Up}

View attachment 23072
Internet points, they’re easy to get but must be hard earned.

So i think i found a bug in the script's logic. the problem is that amtm was included in the firmware at some point and it sees entware already installed and the script doesn't have a "reset entware" option, or an "upgrade from previous install" so basically AMTM's logic seems to be:
1. you do not have entware installed
2. you have installed entware through amtm

It doesn't account for "exisitng" installs or "old" install like mine that need to be brought up to speed/inline.

@ebalsumgo, how can it (account for old installs)?

amtm is the official way to install Entware + swap file + scripts.

Time to upgrade. :)

No the router is running the latest firmware, which has AMTM installed. However, I have had entware installed for ages, way before amtm existed. Resetting the router and starting from scratch currently is not an option. So I guess my question is, can i simply point the repo to the official new entware repo and blast away or is that going to cause issues elsewhere?

Again, if it could, it would.

You're running a very customized setup compared to what RMerlin + thelonelycoder delivers.

I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

My advice for maximum satisfaction going forward? Full reset followed by a minimal and manual config using all the features of the current firmware and scripting/Entware options.

No the router is running the latest firmware, which has AMTM installed. However, I have had entware installed for ages, way before amtm existed. Resetting the router and starting from scratch currently is not an option. So I guess my question is, can i simply point the repo to the official new entware repo and blast away or is that going to cause issues elsewhere?
A lot of the Entware packages have received updates which might not be compatible with what you run with your old version.
Time to start from scratch if you ask me. amtm is the new standard and backwards compatibility was never on my mind. There are too many unknowns for old cases to port it reliably, hence I never considered it.

While Diversion can fix the old Entware user script entries to the new standard, I doubt this process would be error free due to your old Entware version.

Ok for posterity sake here is what I did to sort this out. NOTE: this worked for me as I only had a handful of entware pkgs installed.
1. amtm
2. remove all the scripts and things you have installed
3. amtm - format disk
4. reboot
5. amtm - re-setup entware
6. amtm - re-install scripts

Ok for posterity sake here is what I did to sort this out. NOTE: this worked for me as I only had a handful of entware pkgs installed.
1. amtm
2. remove all the scripts and things you have installed
3. amtm - format disk
4. reboot
5. amtm - re-setup entware
6. amtm - re-install scripts

Nice nickname ;)

Funny glitch happened when I checked for updates (u):

amtm bad number.png

However, "bad numbers" vanished immediately after repeating command u.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!