What's new

Any site that keeps track up rumours and official postings of upcoming routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lagrave

Regular Contributor
There are many news sites that are specialized in tracking rumours and official data about upcoming phones, computers, games and similar. Are there any news outlets that do the same for routers? I am specifically interested in what Asus might have up its sleeves.

The best way to "discover" future Asus router models is to download their GPL source code, and look at what model get added to the source code, since it has to be done before the product launches.

Monitoring the FCC submissions is also another way to find out about new models, as every single model has to go through the FCC ahead of its launch.

Otherwise, very few people are aware of some of their incoming models, and the few of us that do tend to respect the implied confidentiality with such knowledge. And Asus tends to announce new models well in advance, at CES/Computex/etc...

Monitoring the FCC submissions is also another way to find out about new models, as every single model has to go through the FCC ahead of its launch.
Where can I find these? I am not American and not used to navigate the American federal state.

Where can I find these? I am not American and not used to navigate the American federal state.
https://fccid.io/ is not the official U.S. FCC site. But it's a user-friendlier interface and shows latest registrations. But that is for ALL submitted products, not just routers.

I've read your posts in this thread. If you can't choose among current products, why confuse yourself further by looking at even more products?

Because I hope they might release a better compromise than the products currently available!
You complained in the other thread about too many choices. So what "compromise" are you looking for?

You complained in the other thread about too many choices. So what "compromise" are you looking for?
Tri-band, AX6000¹, USB 3.2, (expected) Merlin-support, price around what the AX88 cost.

Did you see my https://www.snbforums.com/threads/gt-axe11000-what-is-the-correct-price.71661/ ? If the claim in that thread is correct, that you can get the GT-AXE11000 for $549 (or even $599), then that would be a reasonable compromise, I just don't want to pay $1100 for it!

¹ I would expect a new high end router to support Wi-Fi 6e without upping the price.

I believe AXE11000 MSRP is $550. The router is in short supply, so the inflated prices you are seeing are from resellers.

Initial 6E routers will come at a premium to their 6 equivalents. Typically $50 - $100.

You're not going to see a 6E router for $350 for awhile.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!