What's new

Are there any addons for adaptive QoS that don't require sending data to Trend Micro?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tzoom

New Around Here
I went to install FlexQoS this morning and got the message:

Adaptive QoS is not enabled. Please enable it in the GUI. Aborting installation.

After reading some threads, I understand it uses Trend's QoS capabilities within the firmware. I believe the same goes for CakeQoS(?)

Are there any suggestions for a QoS or Adaptive QoS that can be used without sending data to Trend Micro?

CakeQoS would work if you have a supported router model. It wants nothing to do with ASUS' built-in QoS, nor Trend Micro.

Oh great! I misread the thread completely then! Thanks! Unfortunately I have an AC66U_B1, so it's not compatible. But glad to hear there are alternatives for others!

FWIW, I'm happy to let TrendMicro use me as a sensor. I let them see what's bouncing off the router in my location and they update signatures for identifying bad actors. Plus, Skynet's "ban AIProtect" feature perma-bans any IP that AIProtect hits on. For added comfort. :)

FWIW, I'm happy to let TrendMicro use me as a sensor. I let them see what's bouncing off the router in my location and they update signatures for identifying bad actors. Plus, Skynet's "ban AIProtect" feature perma-bans any IP that AIProtect hits on. For added comfort. :)

Thank you for the perspective. I understand there's been a lot of heat around Trend vs. not in these boards over the past few years. So I'd like to keep the thread focused on specifically QoS alterrnatives instead of the sensitive topic around trusting Trend or not.

Personally, for QoS, I decided to stick with no QoS for now. And if I feel I'm in need of one, I'll upgrade my router to one that is Cake-compatible. I can always use these AC66U B1's as secondary networks or mesh nodes. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!